More intuitive access

Sheakhan

So, crazy idea here.

But I've been playing Paradise for about a year now, and I've noticed two things:

1. Lots of places get dirty or dangerous.

2. Janitors and Security don't have access to those locations.

So, here's a suggestion:

Give security members access to every non-head, non-secure location on the station from spawn. They were hired by NT to keep the peace and uphold space law, they should be trusted enough to be given the access necessary to do their jobs, especially in the areas most likely to require security intervention like Medbay, Science, and the Kitchen.

Janitors, while not upheld to the same standards need some access. The areas that usually need cleaning? Science, Medbay, Disposals, the Kitchen. Areas they can't get into without A) An active HoP or B) someone who gives a shit about cleanliness enough to stop what they're doing and open the doors. It's nuts.

NT hired some poor schmuck to come out and keep things nice and tidy but didn't bother to permit them access to the dirtiest areas on the station?

I've seen people die or catch diseases in areas neglected by security or the janitor because they weren't given proper access, and I think we should fix that.

Give security members access to every non-head, non-secure location on the station from spawn. They were hired by NT to keep the peace and uphold space law, they should be trusted enough to be given the access necessary to do their jobs, especially in the areas most likely to require security intervention like Medbay, Science, and the Kitchen.

You gotta think about this gamewise, however. Security would flaunt this to be a shit constantly, or be constantly meta-ing by checking into toxins or what have it.

Janitors, while not upheld to the same standards need some access. The areas that usually need cleaning? Science, Medbay, Disposals, the Kitchen. Areas they can't get into without A) An active HoP or B) someone who gives a shit about cleanliness enough to stop what they're doing and open the doors. It's nuts.

NT hired some poor schmuck to come out and keep things nice and tidy but didn't bother to permit them access to the dirtiest areas on the station?

I've seen people die or catch diseases in areas neglected by security or the janitor because they weren't given proper access, and I think we should fix that.

Janitors would be even MORE of a shit with this. Think about it. All they have to do is get past those front doors and they now have access to Tramadol, medical supplies, and all sorts of irritating shit.

That, and if a traitor/ greytide member got ahold of a Janitor's ID, whoopde fucking do, they now have access to Medbay, science, and cargo.

I personally would like to see at least basic access added to these two things. Security having extra access would be nice, as it gets annoying when that antag scientist hides in the research area and closes an airlock behind him, locking all the officers behind unless the AI is proactive. Janitor with more access would be neat too. Medbay tends to get dirtier than any other section of the station. I don't see a lot of ID theft on the server anyway. It's too high profile.

I personally would like to see at least basic access added to these two things. Security having extra access would be nice, as it gets annoying when that antag scientist hides in the research area and closes an airlock behind him, locking all the officers behind unless the AI is proactive. Janitor with more access would be neat too. Medbay tends to get dirtier than any other section of the station. I don't see a lot of ID theft on the server anyway. It's too high profile.

ID theft happens A LOT. Esspecially since you have a handy PDA slot, so you can store an extra ID inside the PDA and viola, security will never know until you inevitably get yourself caught and arrested for trespassing. And as I said, security and janitor will abuse this A LOT.

Besides, giving security medical access (Which they technically have already via the security office.) would nullify the point of having a brig physician. Security would just grab medical supplies somehow and book it.

Maybe we should have a brig engineer or something as well. Would cost about the same as brig physician, maybe a bit more. Though that's off topic.

More access?

Bad idea, we already have blueshields looting cargo bay for speedloaders, just imagine the inevitable abuse that would result from security offices being able to get into R&D.

That, and would you really trust the equivalent of a mall cop (IN SPAAACE) with super high end explosive materials/the morphine cupboard?

"getting into places you have a decent reason to be in" is what the AI is supposed to be for anyway.

That said, we do have tempoary pass cards, I don't see any problem with giving the HoS additional access and they then dishing out pass ID's as the situation demands it.

Better idea:

Automatic access updates for security depending on security level.

At Green/Blue alert, employee privacy should be protected, and that's why some jobs don't have access to certain areas.

I would actually be alright with this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use