Magical Research

ZomgPonies

The way I am envisioning it Is with a kind of microwave like item Where you stick ingredients in And get a one-use spellbook out of it to learn the spell.

Those ingredients would be spooky type stuff that you can find in various departments around the station some need to be hard to get or only appear certain rounds (spide infestation, lizard infestations?)

For example:

Horn of Goat

Dead Rat

Spiderweb

Lizard Tail

Cat's Paw

Holy Water

So what I need from you guys, is suggestions as to items that could be found around the station. Magic would be banned under space law, meaning a librarian running around with weird components on him might attract the attention of security.

Silver Coin

Strange Rock

Monkey Paw

Cactus Thorn (From one of the executive offices potted plant)

Hair of the dog (No killing Ian!)

Hand of a thief (This could be quite difficult to check on since most people don't bother to update security records and it's free text entry in any case)

Fish scale (fucking carp!)

Cobweb using wirecutters on the webs the normal ones on the wall too

Cigars or cigarettes for smoke

Sheet of mythril (from mining since it has no use)

Part of a skeleton

Some kind of meat

Brains

Crayons

Rolling pin

Electric razor

Some kind of mask, luchador maybe

Neutralized anomaly core

Slime extract

Some kind of reagent, cryoxadone or something

Insulated gloves

That's all for now

I love the idea.

and as for spell components a common components in magic from English/Pagan rituals is Salt :3 as-well as Honey. Maybe some random mats from mining. Because gold is a element highly talked about as a catalyst element similar to glass ;3. *My grandmother had tons of books about magic and occult I couldn't stay away from them as a kid*

Right, I have heard about salt and gold too, that would be nice, also make things skinnable so we could use those hides, and make armor stuff too maybe from it, maybe it should need wood as a must have for everything, since they mostly utilize fire.

• 2 weeks later...

What about chemicals? On goon there are reagents like Tongue of Dog, Wool of Bat, Toe of Frog and Eye of Newt. AFAIK they are from Shakespeare's Macbeth (in which are also Adder's Fork, Blind-worm's Sting, Lizard's Leg and Howlet's Wing).

EDIT: AND IT WOULD USE LIBRARIAN'S CULTIST TABLE THAT HE HAS IN HIS STUDY. OMG. THIS SHOULD BE A LIBRARIAN'S JOB!!1!ONE!!ELEVEN

I thought alot about this.

Tbh i hope this isnt just the ability to make wizard spells...

IMO this is an opportunity to expand magic largely.

Ive had multible thoughts on how to get a spellbook but i think the librarian scribing one is best. Ive actually thought of magic being common and everyone spawn with a personal book.

Now once a book is obtained itll be "unbinded" meaning no owner. Binding a book ingame can be as simple as a verb or reading it.

All magic requires you to have your book in one of your hands.(this is a security measure, security can take your book away, and you cant use magic without it.

Just to be sure, no one else can use your book, a binded book can only be used by the owner.

Now i was thinking spells be trainable, by uses. When holding onto or clicking the book you get a display of stats and options. The stats being spell mastery and i was assuming MP. MP is regenerated naturally or faster by sleeping.

New spells, lots of new spells....oh my.

Now magic is ranked. Theres harmless magic, helpful magic, harmful magic, and healing magic.

Each spell being ranked to show this spell is dangerous and can get you arrested to this spell is generally useless and only for RP.

Now each spell has a category.

Theres elemental(air fire water etc) these are generally dangerous but can safely be used to repressurize an area or put out a fire.

Theres life force magic(generally medbay's goto) theres healing, regeneration,revive, internal healing, blood restore, sap life, manifest corpse, attach soul, bleed, sicken, degeneration and others.

Theres job magic, these effect production , this is the magic centcomm generally wants. Instantly growing crops, repairing parts of the station,blasting through the mine etc.

Theres mental magic, this is illusion and magic that can effect a person's mental state. Making them calm, retarded, angry, forgetful etc.

General magic, these are magics like forcewall and smoke.

And destruction magic. Generally non elemental offensive magic, like magic missle, or force slam, or manifesting weapons...

Theres plenty...but some magics are allowed and others not so much, some are allowed in certain situations.

However this is probably completely off course with what you were thinking...

Everyone start with a wizard book? No. Magic is illegal under NT law, and will stay that way. The fact the the librarian will have the opportunity to learn a few things doesn't change that.

Here's one idea (or two I guess)

Alchemy (Regular)

one piece of normal gold

15 units of blood in a syringe to REPRESENT THOSE WHO DIED MINING FO' THE STUFF

50 units of phosphoric acid to REPRESENT THE NON-REACTIVENESS OF GOLD.

A thing of stew, you need a pot to perform alchemy in!

Outputs a pot to be used for alchemy, you'd put 50 sheets of metal into it, and it would output 40 units of gold, 10 units of silver. it would take 3 seconds per unit and would glow quite brightly while doing the alchemy.

Second version is the same as above, but with the champion belt from the vault, which would turn your metal into a random material, fur, silver, diamond, etc. and would take 5 seconds per item.

Magic? Probably the worst idea i heard in my entire life.

And I thank you for the lengthy explanation on why, I now see why magic should never be added.

because it's a sci-fi game

the space wizard?

Even the chaplain's religion exists pretty much, pray command gets response from admins sometimes, and their book heals people.

And I thank you for the lengthy explanation on why, I now see why magic should never be added.

because it's a sci-fi game

the space wizard?

yes the space wizard is incredibly out-of-place too

sci-fi/fantasy blends do exist, but ss13 isn't exactly one of them

So.. the wizard should be removed? Or hell, we also have the cultists. I'd say SS13 has a decent amount of magic within it, it's rare stuff though.

• 4 weeks later...

red blood, green blood. Crayons (of needed color, like the rainbow or white one) maybe a ahnds (left or right) appendix, possibilities to cut hair from any of the furrred animals on ship. Human puke, plasma coin, soul shard, eyes, the chaplains null rod. Milk of cow, tail of tatjaran,

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use