Remove my account from this forums

Bargo

Yeah, this community isn't worth the hassle. I've already found better servers to play on, and the players and admins there are x10 more friendly, as well as being responsible with their punishment system rather than here with all the ban-happy admins. As per the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, I have a "right to delete" my information here on this forum along with any other information that was left here. I ask that you please delete this account, along with removing all of my information on here. If you are unable to remove it entirely (which I highly doubt), then remove the post regarding my earlier un-ban request, as I have no intention of putting in another due to moving on the greener pastures. Thank you.

• clown 8
  • Salt 3
  • dead 1
  • derp 1

Hi.

We can go the legal route with this, in which case we'll require ID that proves you are a resident of California.

Alternatively you can simply leave and never log into your account again. 

Which would you prefer?

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 9:36 AM, AffectedArc07 said:

Hi.

We can go the legal route with this, in which case we'll require ID that proves you are a resident of California.

Alternatively you can simply leave and never log into your account again. 

Which would you prefer?

Alright, I can send an ID, but it'll be heavily censored since I very much do not trust anyone here with my address, ID number, and so forth. If you would be so kind as to show an example of what you would need to see on an ID in order for you to respect my rights to delete my information on here, that would be nice. Thank you.

1 minute ago, Bargo said:

Alright, I can send an ID, but it'll be heavily censored since I very much do not trust anyone here with my address, ID number, and so forth. If you would be so kind as to show an example of what you would need to see on an ID in order for you to respect my rights to delete my information on here, that would be nice. Thank you.

It needs to be an ID that shows you are a resident of California, however its somewhat irrelevant, as I wish to bring a few other points to light.

Paradise Station does not meet the criteria for businesses that the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 applies to, namely we are not a for-profit business that does business in California nor do we meet any of the following thresholds:

• Have a gross annual revenue of over $25 million (we make astronomically less than this)

• Buy, sell, or share the personal information of 100,000 or more California residents, households or devices (of the 177,475 players we have in our database, America does not make up even 50% of it, let alone california)

• Derive 50% or more of their annual revenue from selling California residents’ personal information (we make no revenue on the sale of information, we dont sell it)

Furthermore, Your publicly available web profiles, such as steam (which you link in your discord account profile) also state you are a resident of Texas, which would conflict with what you have stated above.

Also, if you have read our server TOS (which you are required to consent before joining), you would have seen the following clause:

You recognise that, due to the nature of the information collected, collected data may be retained indefinitely for the purposes of preventing fraudulent activity from occurring. Such fraudulent activity includes, but is not limited to: falsification of personal information, falsification of login credentials, and falsification of hardware details for ban avoidance purposes. This data includes, but is not limited to, game logs, IP and hardware information, as well as login information.

Given the above, we will not be deleting your data under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018.

• Like 1

Did it ever occur to you that people can live in multiple places at once? Such as Texas AND California, or maybe even more places than that? Of course it didn't.

Nonetheless, you've shown me that staff here truly don't care about their player-base, and just wish to start a ruckus here by denying people's rights instead of doing the right thing, hence my proving of how terrible this community is because of its immature staffing. What could've been a simple "Yeah, we'll delete it for you. Have a good day!", turned out to be you lawyering up for a simple request to remove my account and nothing more.

I'm not going to respond here anymore, seeing how you won't adhere to your own promise of deleting my information if I sent my ID from California, leaving me no choice but to just simply not answer.

Good day, and happy Dinosaur month! 🦖

• eyes 1
  • clown 11
  • Salt 3
  • dead 1
  • bap 1
  • derp 2

• 2 weeks later...

Marking this complaint as resolved. We're a video game community run by unpaid volunteers, you are in no way entitled to our staff team's time and energy if you aren't willing to enter into respectful talks/interaction in ban appeals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use