More Colors For Kidan

Daeodon

I posted this on the discord, but I figure I'd throw this here too, just in case.

Basically, I think it'd add a lot more individuality to the five or six Kidan characters to have a few more carapace options to pick from. They'd have a limited list of colors in a similar way to Vox, so no neon pink bugs scuttling around station. I've done a mockup of what I think some decent options would be.

kida.thumb.png.0930a43b4fee738818cb3d77a2983f26.png

Yellow might be a little ugly, but it's my attempt to include a 'citronella ant' option. White's meant to evoke what an insect looks like immediately post-shed. 

Well, thanks for reading.

• Like 2

New colours would be cool. I suggest testing them in the game, give them some regular clothing (right-click -> select equipment -> engineer/doctor/etc.) and see how it looks like. One of the issues with vulpkanin, for example, that it allows for very saturated, very bright colours. If the character doesn't stand out (too much) from its clothing, then the colours are okay, regardless your monitor's calibration!

To be entirely clear: I have absolutely zero idea how to actually implement this. I can alter the sprites, but making the colors actually selectable at character generation is a little beyond me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use