The lag that could- Nuke Ops edition.

Spacemanspark

Heck ya, man, let's roll engineer and stuff with Thomas Heeren, this'll surely be fun and relaxing after kicking ass with Kei a bi-

NOPE YOU NUKE OPS MAN GET DAT DISK.

Darn it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas Heeren stared forward, looking towards the wall. He had been captured and force implanted into joining the Syndicate Nuclear Operations team, and they had taught him everything he would need. Not that he liked killing, he hated it, actually. But... it had to be done. He sighed, and glanced around the room at the other operatives, some of whom he recognized. They were all stumbling around, getting onto the ship to gear up. Thomas sighed again, and, after copying down the code, followed suit. When he got on and equipped his suit, he grabbed the uplink radio, and ordered a voice changer, chameleon projector, magazines, a silencer, an Emag, and a C20r. He decided he would stealth it. He went to go fuel up his oxygen supplies.

Meanwhile, the other Ops had launched the ship, heading out. They all seemed a little disoriented, and confused. Thomas walked out, and sat down, awaiting the ship to reach the station. When it finally did, Thomas stood up, and grabbed an E-gun. He slid it into his exosuit compartment, and walked over to the ship exit. The other ops piled in, one after the other, and they sat there for a little bit, wondering what to do. Thomas sighed, and he must have been shaking a bit, because another op told him, "It'll be alright.". Thomas shrugged. He had seen other operative strike teams advance on the station, and nothing come of it except dead Operative remains. Thomas wished he didn't have an explosive implant in him right now. But he couldn't worry about that. The door opened, and the ops stepped out into the calm, cold void.

Thomas instantly dashed forward, with the rest of his team. This isn't going to end well..., he thinks. Think pictures what his step-brothers, Matthew Crysten and Nick Crysten, would say right now. He shuddered, and pushed the thought out of his mind, he needed to-

THWOMP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My internet starts to fail because of a huge ass storm, yay. I went SSD at this point, and furiously tried to reconnect. I manage to, eventually, but I'm running on phonenet. Yech.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas wakes up, glancing around him. He realized he had fallen SSD. He shook himself awake, and continued. His team had continued without him, but he listened to them on the radio. Thomas doesn't usually care to talk, usually because of his natural shyness, so he just listened. He heard a report about heading to the HoS' office, so he headed there. Upon arrival, he notices four ops trying to beat a reinforced window with a crowbar. Thomas sighed, and wished he had a toolbelt on him. He was mainly suited for engineering purposes. He pulled out his Sketchkin, and pushed the other ops aside. He shot the window and grille to pieces, using a magazine. He reloaded, and let the ops finish off the other window. They climbed in. Thomas used his Emag on the locker, and opened it. Inside, he grabbed another energy gun, and an HoS headset. Perfect. He equipped it... just as the security pod pilot walked by. He tried to activate his cam projector, but it was too late. "NUKE OPS" they shouted, running off away. Some other operatives gave chase.

Thomas, however, didn't want to get caught up with that. He climbed out of the HoS office, and moved to the right. He glanced at his pinpointer, and continued in the general path. He was shaking, a little. He wondered if he could-

THWOMP

Normal internet came up, and swapped back to it, causing SSD for a moment. Eugh. I decided to keep my phonenet up, which caused ANOTHER SSD issue. When I finally get back on, hilarity ensued.

Thomas woke up again, his jetpack still on, and him tumbling away a bit. He stopped, readjusted his course according to his Pinpointer, and started back again. He waited for a bit, and then the pinpointer told him to turn to the left. Thomas readjusted again, heading-

In the same direction. Thomas tried again and again, but no matter how much he tried, he couldn't move! He began to panic.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Well, good thing I kept my phonenet up, because my normal internet crashed again. But... uh... something odd happened. I lost the ability to move, to talk, to do anything. I thought I was fucked, but incompetence ended up saving me.

Thomas tried to hyperventilate, panicking as he tried everything, to no avail. What is wrong with me?! Why can't I move?!, he thought. He couldn't stop drifting! He noticed the security pod pilot entrance was coming up. And... a gygax with it. No, no, no! Please, no! I'll do anything, just don't kill me!, he thought. He wished he could cry... but he couldn't. He was trapped in his mind, unable to control his own body. Was this some new NanoTrasen thing? Thomas listened to his radio, trying to see if anyone else was still alive. Nothing. The others must be dead..., he thought, hitting the sec pod pilot entrance. The gygax immediately opened fire with taser shots... while moving forward. Thomas wanted to scream with the pain, but he couldn't. He came to the conclusion that this... this was the end for him. The gygax, however, had other ideas, apparently, because it pushed him one bit too far... into space. He began to move away again. Thomas wanted to sigh in relief, but he still couldn't... maybe if he-

THWOMP!

-------------------------------------------------------------

At this point, I decided, fuck it, and went to go reset my internet router. It worked, and I came back upstairs to see the computer had already swapped connections again, causing me to go SSD. I logged in again.

Thomas woke up, again. He stood up and-

He stood up.

Thomas, with slow breaths, moved forward a bit. He could move again! He gathered his bearings. He was... on some abandoned station. Nothing important to him. He decided to head to the left, and see where that would take him. However, once he started, he heard a voice, in his head.

Actually, there is a teleporter to the south., it said. Thomas naturally went south. Yes, there was a teleporter, with areas right into the station. He chose the arrivals beacon, and stepped in. In a flash, he pulled out his C20r, and ran down to the nearest window. He had to go through a door to get to it, but it would work. He started firing at the plasma windows, trying to break them. A civilian happened to walk by at this point. Thomas thought that his position at this point was screwed, the security team would be on him like dogs, and he would be-

"Hello, operative!"

The civilian happily walked away, with Thomas staring forward. He hastily continued breaking the window, and just managed to do it in time, another crewmember with a syndicate suit had arrived, and began shooting taser shots. Thomas jumped out the new entrance, and glanced at his pinpointer. He began following it to the escape lounge, Stopping at the syndicate ship on the way to restock on pistol ammo.Upon arrival, he glances around him... nobody was- AN ENGINEER! Thinking instinctively, he pulled out the C20r and started shooting, in a panic. The engineer fell down, and Thomas shot his head off. It wasn't until now that Thomas realized what they had turned him into: A killing machine. Or so his mind told him, anyways. He put away the C20r, trying not to cry. He had just killed someone, someone who could have had-

But that was his whole mission! He shook his head, and headed back to the shuttle with the Xenoarcheology base. He busted in, and Emagged the console, to allow himself to use it. He force launched the shuttle.

Thomas cautiously slipped in, his C20r at the ready. Immediately after he walked out, alarms were triggered. Atmos alarms, nothing dangerous. He opened one up, and Emagged the door behind it. He walked through, and the atmos alarm triggered again, closing that area off again. He pursued forward, emagging various doors, until he was at where his pinpointer pointed him to: A small hallway, about thirteen steps long. He crossed to it, and suddenly his Pinpointer blinked black, meaning he was right next to it. He glanced to his left, and noticed an emergency locker. He opened it, and lo and behold, the disk was there. He didn't spare too much time looking at it, he immediately grabbed it and-

ALERT! GAMMA LEVEL REACHED!

Shit.

This goes along nicely.

Thomas, startled, started moving as fast as he could. He threw the disk into his satchel, and continued. The security and command channels were going insane with chatter, mostly panic. "WHERE WAS THE DISK AT?!" Most of them were asking over and over. "WHERE IS THE PINPOINTER?!" Thomas had to be fast. He reached the area with the shuttle, opened the atmos door, and climbed through. He noticed the atmos to the shuttle door was locked. He pulled out his C20r, and was ready to shoot a window open, when the atmos doors lifted for him. He didn't waste time, running in just as the doors shut again. He force launched the shuttle, and threw himself out once it arrived. He switched on his jetpack, moving forward very quickly. He reached the shuttle, and climbed in. No time to allow pressurization!, he thought, force opening the door. He thrust himself in, grabbed the nuke, and hightailed it out again. He placed it on the outside of the station walls, and anchored it. Working furiously, he slipped the disk in and set the nuke up. He turned it on, and pulled the disk out again. He flew into the syndicate ship again, and hit the button to escape.

A flood of excitement flooded through him. For some reason, his fear of killing others had disappeared. He felt... happy. He grinned, and called out over the comms devices, "Goodbye, bitches.", The shuttle launched. He could hear the scream of one last crewmember, "OH GOD, THE NUKE IS GOING OFF, I CAN HEAR IT!" before radio contact left. Thomas exhaled, and nearly fainted. He'd done it. On his own.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

PM to admins: HOW ABOUT THAT?!

PM from Mark9013100: Grade fucking A.

We had a little talk after I realized I was the only one, and he figured I stood no chance. He told me to go 360 no scope some bitches.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

And that was that. Thomas was released over to NanoTrasen again, where he was drugged unconscious, and loyalty implanted, etc.. Matthew and Nick were glad to see him again, and asked him to recount his tale. Thomas sighed, and told them of the traitorous tale, quietly. After that, he climbed into his small bunk bed and fell asleep, awaiting the usual routine the station would have for him in a few hours.

But he wouldn't forget that he had accomplished something.

Edited by Guest

I was the HoS that round and I can not stress how lucky you were that the first nuke ops killed landed his first few shots.

The round started as good as any. Other than the Blueshield, I was the only member of security. After arming and implanting the Chef as my deputy (Kudos to Vaalkom) I was notified that one guard, Chance Mendoza, a pod pilot (Unfortunately did not get a name before you died), and the warden (Sorry, no name either [the one with the really long blonde pony tail]). Anyway, after two consecutive distress calls from the brig, I entered to find the pod pilot and guard gibbed on the floor. Trading rounds with the nuke ops hovering over their fresh giblets, I was greeted with the satisfying pop of an exploding operative. Shortly after, I ear from the warden that two others were subdued. On my way from the cloning bay, I had carried the pod pilot and the guard's heads there, I was met with the worst, brain damage and blindness. The delayed effects of the three slugs still buried in my cranium had taken their toll. Roughly twenty minutes go by before I can regain consciousness. In that time, my coordination efforts had fallen apart, random people had cut into the gamma armory, and the next thing I knew, the nuke went off.

TL;DR, my SOP for Nuke Ops is to always check the satellites and asteroids, I was unconscious for this.

TL;TL;DR Damn fine job, Spark.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use