Your opinion here

PPI

In your opinion, what part of the game do you like, what part would be fun if it was made in more depth, what makes it fun, what can improve it.

I would also want your opinion on what you thing is bad, and why it is bad, if you have suggestions on how to change what you think is bad please come with them.

What other things do you think should change, or should stay?

I would love pods to be overhauled.

They are so much fun to use and massively improve all aspects of EVA. They also help balance EVA in nuke/xeno rounds.

If you want specific suggestions about pods I can find the posts I made.

Currently space is pretty poor. Very easy to get lost for the entire round. Nothing really to find. Very little reason to explore more then once. A couple more Z-levels (If thats possible, otherwise that overhaul the current ones) with plenty of things to explore and find would be great. More things and areas of catwalks around the station would also be good. Couple of examples are posted here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2284

I can grab a few more if you want.

Everything they just stated. I would also love if the recruiters office could be move to take up the second customs office. It would free a ton of space up for anything else.

Maybe an in game story event to give machine people the chance at freedom/their own embassy.

I believe there needs to be a little more 'focus' in the rounds to give people not only something to do before the sh*ite hits the fan but to also to encourage people to learn their chosen roles.

My fix for this would be to have a Cent-Comm station function as a Cent-Comm station until things go horribly wrong, have station wide objectives - give event GM's something to do.

It's been brought up before and I'm bringing it up again.

My favorite part of this game is when the shit hits the fan but not when its like rev round where its next to impossible to stop and the main thing I hate is when a round literally has nothing happening and at the end it shows there are no traitors or anything and you've just wasted like 2 hours on a round with nothing.

Yes, to me the big thing is lack of station wide objectives / focus. Something to make the various department less introvert and instead focused on how to contribute to the whole picture.

I have had this happen before, as captain I had CentCom give me an objective. It did not go so well.

People HATE being inconvenienced, and will flip the fuck out when it happens.

Whats that? I can't just hang out in the bar, you want me to contribute something? BLAAARGH!! IM GONNA BREAK EVERYTHING FAKFAWNJLBFLAWNBJF!~!!1

Whats that? I can't make a clown mech with all this metal? You want me to use it to create mining mechs to help mine all the plasma CentCom wants? Better riot!

Whats that? You want prisoners to go and mine? Better attack guards with pickaxes as soon as I pick one up.

Whats that? You don't want me to run around and color the floor with crayons? Better depressurize the room.

The round ended after spiders ate all the rioters. Good times.

Another occasion I told the miners that we needed a certain amount of metal. They flipped the fuck out and tried to secede. I had to send in officers in riot gear to get them to do fuck all.

As someone who has committed to the codebase (although only very slightly) it's very hard to motivate yourself to fix someone else's code, even more so for parts of the game you don't use/don't care about. Anyone who has the stomach for bug-fixing other people's code I invite you to please help with the bug fixes, otherwise just let us know they exist and stop harping on about them.

On-topic:

I would like to see Internal Affairs have the power they need to actually function in a meaningful way. I would also like to see space become the hostile environment it should be.

Yes, to me the big thing is lack of station wide objectives / focus. Something to make the various department less introvert and instead focused on how to contribute to the whole picture.

I have had this happen before, as captain I had CentCom give me an objective. It did not go so well.

People HATE being inconvenienced, and will flip the fuck out when it happens.

Whats that? I can't just hang out in the bar, you want me to contribute something? BLAAARGH!! IM GONNA BREAK EVERYTHING FAKFAWNJLBFLAWNBJF!~!!1

Whats that? I can't make a clown mech with all this metal? You want me to use it to create mining mechs to help mine all the plasma CentCom wants? Better riot!

Whats that? You want prisoners to go and mine? Better attack guards with pickaxes as soon as I pick one up.

Whats that? You don't want me to run around and color the floor with crayons? Better depressurize the room.

The round ended after spiders ate all the rioters. Good times.

Another occasion I told the miners that we needed a certain amount of metal. They flipped the fuck out and tried to secede. I had to send in officers in riot gear to get them to do fuck all.

To be fair that borders on admin involvement territory.

It's one thing to refuse to do something (and have all your access revoked and be demoted down to civilian) but it's another entirely to start smashing up the place because you've been asked to do your damn job - I'd admin help that but that's just me.

At the moment the station isn't even being remotely run as a station - if necessary add a Karma point to all non-antag crew members if station objectives are completed during a round - promote actual 'role playing' in truest sense of the word (i.e you picked a role and you did your damned job and got things done.)

Just my opinion.

Yeah, I think there should be karma or some kind of currency that is awarded to players for doing their jobs. It would help the players who actually work hard on the station by rewarding them.

On-topic:

I would like to see Internal Affairs have the power they need to actually function in a meaningful way

When I play IAA, I'm good at messaging centcom about my problems, but the only problem is that sometimes the admins don't respond. Perhaps there could be a job or a small admin job to be centcom's fax receiver. It might not be the most exciting job, but I'd do it.

• 3 weeks later...

i would personally like to see a more complex power system, currently, the only side-effect of doing things like hotwiring is that an assistant hates you because they tried breaking in somewhere and got more burn damage, it also makes power sinks trivial, wht'd be cool would be to care about power outputs, substations, etc... for example, you place a powersink at science, but, you modify the settings on the science substation and the sink so that it goes unnoticed, unless somebody sees the sink itself or an engineer bothered to monitor power levels, then, once the sink stops, the amount of power outputted will be too high for the APCs to handle, all science APCs overload, breaking lights, overloading machinery and and luring ALL the engineers to the area, so you can emag into the CE office and steal the blueprints unnoticed

More types of power cables would be cool as well. There are quite a few different power systems and various sprites that could work well if power was expanded.

Code is an utter mess though so the chances of it happening are small.

Maybe handle EXTREME voltages the way Goon does, APCs overloading and arc flashing, some poor civvie cuts a wire without gloves and gets vaporised/blown the fuck up by the sheer voltage, maybe even go another step further and have other things malfunctioning in hilarious ways, including the cloner producing a wall of screaming, crying clone meat that will not stop spreading, the gravity generator slowing everyone to a crawl with gravitational pull, etc etc

That would be absolutely amazing and a great way for antag engies to sabotage the station without just causing a round-ending sing. Although, every getting overloaded could be one sign that the sing is about to break free....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use