Bandanas/ Military Jacket/ Camo pants

Spacemanspark

Well, this is partially already in the game.

Botanists have this as an item, but, honestly, it has a lot more potential for other stuff.

Here's a picture from NTstation code:

tDZ0YPj.png

He's wearing a black skull bandana. There are many other colours as well.

They can also be changed (If you look at the top left hand corner of the photo provided, there is a button for it.) into another type of bandana as well.

These items are, for some reason, mask items, but I think that should be changed to head items. Would look a lot better that way.

Thoughts?

Edited by Guest

• 3 months later...

Bumping this because I still think we should have this.

I'll post a better picture of this and a military jacket/ camo pants for Security as well.

I like it. If the bandanas could have sprites depending on where they're placed that'd be great. Over the nose and mouth if worn in the mask slot, worn around the neck if attached to a uniform. Wrapped around the head if worn into the helmet slot.

Military/Camo stuff is okay. It neither excites me nor puts me off.

tL3Qq5i.png

62Olue7.png

DdOiOmQ.png

All three items from NT code. Ignore the non bandana items on the first image, obviously.

Do you guys prefer Nienhaus' sprites for bandanas or these? I like them both, maybe tilting slightly more to the NT code ones, but I wouldn't care either way.

Also, those yellow doors mean that anyone can access it. Pretty sure we have that now.

Edited by Guest

The jacket can replace security armour (Same as the camo pants to security jumpsuit) if an officer chooses, and it should probably go in the security wardrobes (probably should be three per wardrobe locker.) and one in the Head of Security's wardrobe locker.

The Camo pants should probably also be able to be obtained from the autodrobe, as well as the security wardrobes.

As for the Bandanas, place them in the clothing lockers with the appropriate locker.

Blue goes with the blue locker, black/ skull goes with the black locker, red goes in the security wardrobes, etc..

Maybe make it so you can colour them with crayons in the washing machines as well.

• 2 months later...

Bumping yet again.

We have the camo pants.

Normal /tg/code ported all three of these (Or, well, at least the bandana and camo pants, not sure about the military jacket.), and made bandanas a head item or a mask item, depending on which form it's in.

I definitely like the idea of bandanas being equip-able to the head, mask, and uniform attachment slots. They offer some customization options without sacrificing role recognition.

When I play botanist, I always toss on the bandana, I really like how that one looks for some reason. If Neinhaus's sprites maintained that appearance, I'd wholeheartedly support them simply based on the number of options available. I even spotted a rainbow one in there for the clown.

I imagine we'd have a period of grey shirt gangs following the release of these if we implement it, but the dumb ones would get banned and the rest would dissipate as the novelty wears off.

Wearing them as a mask could possibly work like an improvised gas mask? Like it could lower the bad stuff you breathe in slightly, giving you a small resistance to airborne viruses, smoke, and bad gases. Or keep it purely aesthetic, still support.

I'd like to see more differentiation from sec and the colour red, to be honest, so this would be great. IT's been generally established that NT=blue, Syndie=Red, aside from sec which are the exception to that rule.

I think camo gear will help fix that problem whilst also letting sec look more militant [spoiler2]alsoflyasfuck[/spoiler2]

They can't actually be changed - the icon button toggles them between wearing them as a mask (as you see on gangsters in movies) and as a head item as you see in your screenshot.

PR is about to go up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use