Character Bio: Rivera Kirkland

Finally sitting down and making a bio for Rivera. She has an official Nanotrasen Crew Record as well. This is more personal.
Note: Please consider pretty much everything here OOC knowledge unless it's gained IC.

The Basics:

Full Name: Rivera Janice Clair Kirkland
Nicknames/Alias: Riv, Miss Kirkland
Orientation: Lesbian
Age / D.O.B: 42 years old. August 1st, 2523
Place Of Birth: The NXV Eclipse (considered by many to be the predecessor to the NXV Luna)
Species: Human
Blood Type: AB+
Alignment: Neutral Good
Affiliation: Nanotrasen Employee. Initially hired as a Geneticist.
Religious Beliefs: Agnostic

Personality:

Rivera has a calm and cool demeanor, and many would consider her level-headed and rational. She has a fair level of confidence about the way she carries herself, and her actions often border on being outright smug. It's hard to make her genuinely angry or upset. When she is, she usually tries to hide it, as she hates the thought of being vulnerable.

Despite her overall personality, Rivera has a tendency to be more reckless when she isn't feeling well, and secretly has a low self-image. She will often throw herself into danger with little to no regard for her own self-preservation or safety. She cares for others around her much more than herself, and may come off as hypocritical when criticizing someone for doing something she wouldn't think twice about doing herself.

Detailed Information:

Appearance:

Spoiler

A woman in her early 40s, Rivera stands at about 5'2" (~157cm). Her skin is brown with warm undertones, and and she has messy, wavy dark brunette hair, fading into a lighter brown at the ends. Her hair usually covers her right eye.

Her eyes are cybernetic, with glowing blue irises against stark black sclera. Her left arm is also cybernetic up to her shoulder, and it is accented with blue rings along the metal.

She looks like she may be a bit tired.

ngAZRGP.png

(See the images section below for more visual refs!)

Character Voice:

Spoiler

Low, flat, and punctual. Often has a bit of a playful tone to her voice.
Voice Claim: Helen - The Magnus Archives
(the video is like, 44 minutes long, feel free to skip around to get a general idea)

Medical Record:

Spoiler
  • Patient has expressed concerns of residual limb pain around prosthesis.
  • Diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder and type 2 bipolar, prescribed seroquel.

Character Biography:

Family:

Spoiler

Muriel Kirkland (Mother, deceased)

[ Unknown ] (Father, unknown)

Tidal Kirkland (...?, alive)

History:

Spoiler

Born to Muriel Kirkland on Nanotrasen's NXV Eclipse (considered by many to be the predecessor to the NXV Luna) as a result of bad timing (as well as outright negligence on Muriel's part). Though not ideal, those in charge of the ship found the situation so amusing that the newly-born Rivera was given a medal emblazoned with the Nanotrasen logo and a "Certificate of Guaranteed Employment".

Rivera grew up alone with her mother, who acted more like a teacher than a mom (and even calling her a teacher was pushing it). Her father is unknown, and Rivera had figured out quickly that her mother would not entertain the topic. Rivera was treated more like an unpaid intern and assistant rather than a child. Muriel was smart, though, and Rivera learned a lot from her and quickly gained an interest in various fields of science. She constantly sought out ways to impress her mother, and though she was never given anything more than backhanded comments at best, Rivera ended up with large amounts of motivation that carried her to the top of her class in high school, earning her several scholarship offers.

Ultimately, she decided to attend the Lunar Academy of Research and Technology. Just after arriving and before classes begun, she was informed of her mother's death. Unsure of how to cope with the loss of her mom and the conflicting feelings she felt following, she poured herself into her schoolwork and once again found herself top of her classes, working herself ragged. She graduated at age 21 among the top students at the academy with a degree specializing in genetics.

At age 25, Rivera disappeared without a trace. Kidnapped by the Syndicate, Rivera was used as a means to test an early and experimental version of the mindslave implant, and turned into an assassin for the gain of the Syndicate. Often assigned to Syndicate Infiltration Teams, the results were deemed very positive, though the mindslave implant needed very frequent maintenance.

Rivera was never caught while under Syndicate control, and she has successfully taken out every target except for one: Tidal Kirkland. After Tide had escaped, the device began to fail and she pushed herself to flee from the Syndicate. Though she escaped through a series of close calls and luck, she did not escape from the organization unscathed.

She reappeared 16 years after her initial disappearance, found bleeding out on an abandoned building settled in a meteor with no eyes and missing her entire left arm. Rivera was lucky to have been found quickly by a random pod pilot who retrieved her body and sought out medical attention. Cybernetics have since replaced the missing body parts, and the strange Syndicate device was removed from her body.

Though she was severely questioned, she has no recollection of the time during her disappearance. Due to this, she was involved in many neurological studies that became a somewhat well-known news story to those. This leads to people bringing it up around her on occasion, much to her annoyance and frustration. The studies payed fairly decently though, and her bank accounts have more way more credits than she knows what to do with, so she can't complain.

Shortly after her reappearance, she came across three young adults who had fled from the Syndicate presence pursuing them on Earth to the moon, including Tidal. In an attempt to keep them as safe as possible while also grappling with feelings of guilt, Rivera watched over the three of them and payed for them to stay in an extended-stay hotel. After gaining trust in her, the three opted to move into the spare rooms of her apartment, and she considers the three of them family.

After having what little belongings she had returned to her once investigation surrounding her disappearance was formally considered closed, she found the certificate granted to her as an infant tucked away at the bottom of a box. She considered it silly, but approached Nanotrasen about a job and after some confusion over the document, she gains employment as a geneticist. Rivera works infrequently as she doesn't need the money; mostly using it as an excuse to leave her home.

At some point, she meets both Angel and Idunn and the three start dating. By now, Rivera is trying to make piece with what has become of her life.

--

This text indicates OOC knowledge that Rivera does not know.
(Please excuse any possible errors, the forums wiped this entire thing multiple times and I had to scramble to re-write it. >:[ suffering)

Relationships:

Personal:

Spoiler

Bond Type: Romantic / Familial / Friend / Acquaintance / ???

Closeness: Love* / Close / Like / Neutral / Dislike / Hate / Unsure
* For the sake of clarity, love has a different context depending on the type of relationship, i.e. familial love and romantic love are different.

Feelings: Admiration / Trusted / Respect / Relaxed / Envy / Fear / Distant / Complicated, etc.

- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -

Angel Anide:

• Romantic (Girlfriend) - Love, Trusted, Relaxed
  • "There are a few… eerie similarities in our lives. It’s actually a bit surprising, but also cathartic to have someone who can understand. She’s trying really hard to be a better person, even if she doesn’t want to admit it. I love her very much. Angel isn’t perfect, but I didn’t fall in love with perfect."

Bubblegum:

• Acquaintance - Like, Relaxed
  • "Good kid, and smart too. Efficient and pleasant to be around. He really is ballin'. *chuckles*"

Chikitita:

• Friendship / Familial - Close, Respected, Trusted
  • "She’s a good person and a hard worker, and I’m happy to see her around. I hope she knows she’s welcome at home any time, no matter the reason."

Fiona Phillips:

• Friendship ( / Familial? ) - Like, Relaxed, Trusted
  • "A very easy person to be around. She’s skilled and fearless, it’s easy to see where her confidence comes from. It’s clear how much Tide looks up to her, too. Makes me happy."

Francisco Unk:

• ??? - Dislike / Unsure
  • "Each time I’ve seen him he’s caused a scene. Someone simply worth avoiding, I feel."

Freya Raan:

• Familial - Like, Distant
  • "She's... foolhardy, and she definitely gets it from her mother. Unlike Idunn, though, she has even less experience in life. We aren’t the closest, but she’s a good kid."

Idunn Raan:

• Romantic (Girlfriend) - Love, Trusted, Relaxed
  • "That rough exterior melts easily once you know her, and that’s one of many things I love about her. Things have been rough between SolGov and what happened with Freya, but she’s strong and determined. Just wish she wasn’t so eager to rush into trouble. Your military days are behind you, you know? Don’t leave your family behind."

Jade Burnwood:

• Acquaintance - Like, Admiration, Respected
  • "Clearly very knowledgeable at what she does. She’s a force of nature, and I’d be blind to miss that."

Jakki Rockatansky:

• Friendship - Like, Relaxed
  • "Always a pleasure to see him. He very clearly cares about the others around him."

Kikeri:

• Friendship - Like, Respected, Fear, Complicated
  • "Generally very sweet, and I respect her and her work. Very kind and amiable around those she likes. But the things I’ve seen… Maybe if I just look the other way…?"

Letov Tarasovich:

• Acquaintance - Like, Respected
  • "You were right, we don’t get the chance to talk a lot. Let’s change that soon?"

Sara Holloway:

• Familial - Close, Relaxed
  • "Our chats are always nice. She’s clearly learned a lot from Angel. I don’t want to push her too hard, but I can tell she wants to be a part of everything going on, so I appreciate being able to leave the door open for her, so to speak."

Shesi:

• ??? - Dislike, Annoyance
  • "This is too much. Idunn really feeds into this...?"

Tidal Kirkland:

• Familial (Daughter...?) - Love, Admiration, Complicated
  • "I have another chance, and I will not waste it. She’s grown to be so smart and kind, I can’t help but admire it myself. Tide has… been through a lot, and even if things between us are a bit complex, I’ll do everything I can to be there for her."

Viisk-Hoorm-Vroo:

• Acquaintance - Like, Respected
  • "Viisk is great. She clearly knows her way around the station, and I love to see her around. She’s very sweet and respectable, I’d love to chat with her more."

- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -

(Potentially more to come!)

Factions:

Spoiler

Allied | Love | Like | Neutral | Dislike | Hate | Enemy

Nanotrasen

• Neutral, Allied
  • "It's not perfect, but I'd be hard-pressed to find a place that is. Plus, it's never boring, and I never would have met Angel and Idunn without it. I guess I can say that much.

The Syndicate

• Hate, Enemy
  • "I want them as far away from me as possible."

Spoiler

All images are drawn by me unless stated otherwise! :]

64dyguH.png

--

pTIk7DX.png

--

rnRkVbA.png

The art above is drawn by angelictactics!

--

Other Info:

tbd, uhhhh her favorite alcoholic drink is a daiquiri but non-alcoholic she will drink most warm drinks like tea, coffee and hot chocolate. i will add more here later

Edited by JackoMallows
Updated personal relationships tab.
  • Like 2
  • fastparrot 1
  • explodyparrot 1

Oh, another wave of these, always a pleasure to read them. 

Good stuff! I like your writing. :) 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use