Kerbal space program

Kluys

So I've seen quite alot of conversations about kerbal space program in the ooc channel and other places, why not make it a forum thread right.

I'll start with a few pictures of my kyoto refuelable ssto http://imgur.com/IlQ38ke,rFT6DBo,uMdcCU ... ,mpWF5nf#0 (named after my favorite spaceship in a whole other game)

Only mod used is an extension too the mark 2 fuselage parts

Ask me about playing KSP since the Good Ol' Days of no persistence, no solar system except for Kerbin(which was Kearth or something at the time) and the sun, no airplanes, no map view, where the top parts packs were novasilisko's SIDR and Wobbly Rockets. 8)

Holy shit I built this plane in the picture with 1 mod and felt like i was being a bit cheaty by doing so.... the mod is being made into stock in the next version

I love KSP.

It's one of those things that I hope will catch on with at least one of my kids.

It starts with just letting them launch rockets and ends.... nowhere.

I hope its successor will allow for more robotics/automation and creating a sustainable presence on astronomical bodies. Space mining and programmable automatons to create supply chains. It's not easy to scale up when you personally have to haul every ounce of fuel up the gravity well, and basically put the world on hold while doing the most mundane trip.

Also, is the "whole other game" you mention X3 or something? I dunno, but please do tell anyway.

Yes, X3 albion prelude to be specific. I just love the look of the kyoto and the terran ships in general, I've already tried mimicking some of the ships in ksp but its hard due too the limited amount of things to work with

I certainly will.

Is there really a mod that allows me to set up an unattended ferrying mission? So that I can launch something that itself will synchronize orbits and rendezvous with a target?

No, the closest you'll get to this is the kerbal engineer, but for docking alignment, it's incredibly inefficient, i've needed 40x the rcs fuel I normally require to dock with it (part of the original code which means you can't alter the amount of rcs thrusters or their force, they're either on or off, resulting in a lot of wasted gas).

It'd be nice if you could fly a "repeat mission" where you've already flown a ship, docked it, and saved the mission, so it can be repeated autonomously without needing your interaction as you said, for fuel shuttling.

Then again, the many fuel generating mods eliminate a lot of this. I have used kethane (a lot) but am looking forward to trying karbonine next time i go play ksp. Combine it with extraplanetary launchpads, and you can mine resources and construct your rockets/ships on other planets or in orbit.

• 4 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use