HoS Pet. A bunny.

Qinetix

Pigeon that carries papers to people.

Wolf for the bluesec.

Took these from me :V

Idea was NT Rep gets a pigeon that you can put a paper on and have it drop it at a desk somewhere. Like, direct to the captain, or direct to IAA rather than having to wait on the fax machine to realign. Probably impractical, but it was an amusing idea to me so the Rep wasn't entirely left out.

As for the wolf, a sort of guard dog the Blueshield can take with them. Not sure how it could be coded, but if Greyshirt McCrowbar decides to slap the Captain with the aforementioned crowbar, the wolf would go after them immediately. And of course defend itself from attacks. Maybe base it on the mindrole code a bit? It could be a fluffy ED-209 for heads and VIPs. Obviously would need a second officer's beret to put on the wolf of course.

Otherwise I think Head of Security's best pet would be a German Shepherd just because it's your stereotypical police dog. At least it's better than Araneus. Oh the stories I have of dragging Araneus through the halls of a station. Hell, maybe not even JUST Head of Security. It could be a Security mascot on its own, sort of like E-N is Science's in some sense.

Also brought up was giving the captain a pet fox. Why a fox? Why the hell not? I would recommend a cat as a sort of Ship's Cat, but then there's Runtime already. Granted this one is slightly inspired from Urist McStation where the Captain has a fox as a pet (Renault is the best pet).

Of course all of this would require spriting and probably coding, but if I get the time I'd gladly try to sprite it a bit, just to see how it turns out and if it's usable.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use