"Antagonists without objectives" rounds.

uc_guy

Idea shamelessly stolen from baystation:

What if we had rounds where the antagonists did not have concrete objectives?

Their only objective would be 'make the round interesting through antagonistic actions.'

This way we could have people running around the station causing various mischief and screwing around with things in creative and interesting ways.

Isn't that what all antagonists run off and do anyway? Giving them 'Free Objectives' just means that the traitor has even less of an obligation to make the round interesting.

I don't know what they usually do, but I try to accomplish my objective with minimal collateral damage. Ideally a surgical strike.

If I had the objective of making the round interesting I'd do more... stuff. Minor mischief like hiding all surgery tools, randomly shorting APCs, siphoning random rooms. That kind of stuff.

Would give people something to do.

Let's just say a ling without objectives, or a wizard, imagine that. A ling without objectives would just eat the crew until totally killed, anda wizard wouldn't have to play by the rules, as he doesn't have any objective, so he can do whatever he wants, and I just made an example with the two most dangerous antags which can even be done right in a newbie's hand.

Not having objectives does not mean "go murderbone". Also, its not like the lings are holding back a lot in terms of killing.

But I agree that that kind of round places a lot of trust in the players.

It's a terribad decision on the part of BS12. Their logic and reasoning is unsound. It was a decision taken by admins who couldn't game design their way out of an open box, rather than their dev team. I want no part of it here, unless you can CLEARLY formulate the idea, with special attention as to why it WOULDN'T work.

I don't trust random players with this at all. While I might be ok with setting it for someone in particular who knows how not to murderbone, allowing random players to get this is just asking for trouble.

I understand the concerns, yet I'd really love to see some "Do random kind of mischief" type antagonists. Maybe try making some people you trust into that type of antagonist on slow rounds?

On goon, their antag objectives can be silly shit like "kill all the monkeys on the station", " make sure no one makes #### amount of money", "Blow up all the borgs". i'd much rather see SILLY objectives then free objectives, thats asking for trouble

Strongly disagree with this. Baystation is still very much wanting to stay in the past and focus on insanely heavy roleplay, while the general shift in SS13 is towards moderate to light roleplay.

Removing objectives just effectively means that traitors can do whatever the hell they want, from blowing up the entire station, to slowly capturing the entire crew and mercilessly torturing them for no reason for the next hour (or more).

I think this is a very very bad idea, especially when the general shift/focus on roleplay is changing.

I'm up for silly objectives, but not this.

No objectives does not mean no rules (they would be still in effect).

But as a non-admin I obviously do not have enough data and experience to predict the actions of the player base of the server.

If the majority of the admin staff believe that the player would take advantage of it, than they are probably right and we should let this idea die.

Here's some ideas if you want them:

Make (Runtime, Pun Pun, Ian) into food and serve them to the crew.

Disable the Engine and have the station run solely on solar power.

Fill the atmospherics system with N2O to put the station in good spirits.

Make at least 5 of _____bot, emag them, and set them loose on the station... If only we had buttbots.

• 2 months later...

1. Annihilate the Station's Crew members entirely. Leave no survivors.

2. Destroy the Escape Pods and make sure you escape the Shuttle Alone.

3. Build a borg army using dead crew members and rule the station.

4. Enslave the AI by uploading your Hacked Module into its Laws Database.

1. Become the Captain.

2. Steal a Coffin.

3. End the round wrongfully permabrigged.

4. Escape alone with Ian, Pun Pun, E-N, Poly, Coffee, Betsy, and that damned Goat as your only company (Dead or alive)

5. Ensure EVERYONE except for you escapes alive and well.

6. End the round carrying a syndicate balloon in the escape shuttle.

7. Incite paranoia... Convince the crew there is a cult or revolution occuring, and frame the (insert head here) as a member.

8. Die a glorious death on the shuttle and take everyone with you. No survivors, no escapees.

9. Eat one person from each department.

10. Blow up the mining station without killing anyone.

11. Acquire the following: The Clown's Horn, The Mime's PDA, The Chef's Hat, and The Bartender's Shotgun and escape.

12. You've been given a syringe filled with a deadly/terrible virus! Infect X crewmembers and escape on the shuttle before you succumb.

I don't trust random players with this at all. While I might be ok with setting it for someone in particular who knows how not to murderbone, allowing random players to get this is just asking for trouble.

+1

*Grin*

Nice ideas for more objectives. I am also against the free-traitor rounds for reasons already mentioned.

Maybe slightly off-topic, but is it possible to give traitors these extra objectives WITHOUT geen/red-light and while showing it at the end of the round? It's really frustrating if you see that you've completed an objective but there is only the red "FAILED!" text. Like with the brigging-traitor objective right now.

Removing objectives just effectively means that traitors can do whatever the hell they want, from blowing up the entire station, to slowly capturing the entire crew and mercilessly torturing them for no reason for the next hour (or more).

I personally fail to see how this is actually a problem in any way?

I'd be willing to bet that it'd be far more likely that the antags would just mill about and do nothing (or actually do something fun for once) so I really do honestly fail to see your reason to fear change

I mean, there's all kinds of terrible boring gamemodes in the secret rotation already which basically are "murderboner the mode"????

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use