New Breed Of Terror

Leanfrog

As the title suggests this is a concept for a new type of Terror Spider.

My suggestion is this, "The Dark Brown Terror Spider" it's appearance would be loosely based on the Sydney Funnel Web Spider, they would be the so called "builder" of the nest and can only be spawned by whites or Queens, much like the brown terror spiders they have pathetic combat capabilities, however, unlike every other spider they are spaceproof, this will come into importance soon.

They would have the ability to spin solid web walls which block atmos and would take roughly 3 laser shots to destroy, they also have the ability to create web floors, said web floors emit small amounts of O2 and N2O enabling the creation of space as well as slowing humanoids down a similar amount to a duffel bag slows one down.

Possible Extra Ability

Web tunnel

Creates an entry/exit point to the tunnel system, this is effectively a teleport to a set location (inspired by the Tunneler from CM) this ability would have a fairly long cooldown to make it something that requires strategy to use properly.

Summary

This spider would be a heavy duty support unit not intended for the front lines but creating a safe reinforced area for the hive to grow its numbers and recover. If they do get given the ability to create tunnels the combination of their space immunity and said tunnels would allow for some potentially interesting plays for the hive by setting up an ambush from behind or take out vital areas while the main offensive force is busy at the nest.

While I love terror spiders, I think this would make them even more OP. I mean, most of the times, if terror spiders manage to survive their start-up phase, they utterly butcher the crew.

Yeah, I did imagine this being pretty stronk, perhaps it could be limited to one per nest, and the tunnels are a potential, not something needed, they are also pathetic in combat, they would die fast and deal roughly the same damage as a toolbox in my mind

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use