Name complaint Dio Brando

magentaformula0

Admin(s) Key:Breenland
Your ckey (Byond username): Magentaformula0
Your Discord name (if applicable): N/A

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): around 10pm gmt

Nature of complaint: Misapplication of rules. 
(Select all that apply: EG - clarification required, misapplication of rules, misconduct, abuse of powers, feedback, other)

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): Breenland believes my name goes against the rules. I disagreed. We argued about the rules and what it implies. He did not originally point for me to complain to the forums instead pointing me to speak to a head admin. Because I actually read the rules I came to complain on the forums here. 

Full description of events:

I have the name Dio Brando. Breenland contacted on 2 separate occasions on this. The first time I asked for a reason and he did not respond. The second time he said it goes against the rules without sitting a specific rule until I responded after I reviewed the rules. Rule 2 says that i must be possessing a name that is appropriate. While the only stipulation in rule 2 having to do with references is roleplaying in character as said reference. So I believe since I was not actively roleplaying said Dio Brando my name is not inappropriate in accordance to rule 2. 

Hi there, thanks for posting this appeal.

I'm not one particularly into animes etc myself, I think the last manga I watched was Neon Genesis, but this is such a well known character that even I know it, and have seen numerous memes involving him in the past weeks.

In this case, I'm going to have to say it's just too "memey" a name and way too well known a character on the internet to really fit the environment here. Brando and Dio themselves are fine, although in isolation I think of the Actor/band for them. Dio Rodrigo or John Brando are fine, and I'm sure with more than the 3 seconds thought I put into them, you can come up with much better names.

• Abydos locked this topic