"Powergaming" Harrasment

Scarwolff

Admin(s) Key: I dont know unfortunately, Something starting with a B.
Your ckey (Byond username): Scarwolff
Your Discord name (if applicable): N/A

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 28/05/2019

Nature of complaint: Clarification/Abuse

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): Keep getting threatened for powergaming by a specific admin at specific times in the day while no other admins seem to care about it and most likely accept it.

Full description of events: Most games start off like they usually do with me setting up and preparing myself for the shift ahead. Depending on the job (Usually Engineer or Cargo) if I have spare time i will go out of my way to set up an RnD facility in the location, mainly to give me and my fellow workmates good equipment so we can keep doing our jobs as effectively as possible. Now over the last few days a single admin has started constatly berating me for this, stating how its powergaming and how Its my final chance before I presumably get banned, when I asked him why its at all powergaming (as I dont prioritze it over the normal job as i only do it when I have free time within the shift) he simply said how that my character wouldnt have prior knowledge of RnD based on their current job which makes no sense as this incites that my character has no backstory or skills outside of their situation, despite having an employment history for an RnD firm and having worked on the NSS cyberiad for a large part of his life. Could another admin try to clarify if this is infact against the rules at all? and by so whats the actual definition? I have no problems witht he Admin themself but it does seem like they are the only one accusing me of this action.

Thanks,

Scarwolff

Edited by Scarwolff

Your ckey (Byond username): Abydos2
Your Discord name (if applicable): Abydos2 (Kiyatakikahi)

Involvment in incident: Witness / had to be one of those who took down the durand

Disagreement with described events:

I recall one round which I believe is contributed towards you, and certain other rounds. Whenever I see you as the QM/Cargo, you immediately start rushing to make your own RnD, Robotics lab, chemistry lab in Cargo Warehouse. Exosuit, protolathe, the works, even had one round where you ordered an emitter and ordered weapons to arm yourself up in cargo, but that's a whole different story.

The round I remember seeing this first hand, I was the NT Rep and was walking around when I noticed a Durand with the name "PEAK CARGONIAN", with a cargo tech inside.. what was worse, was the fact that the Durand itself had a grav generator, the tazer shot and a LETHAL scattershot shotgun on it.. just walking around outside cargo and the station, even shooting it at people. At first I thought it was the robotics being silly and handing out Durands willynilly. But when I checked the manifest, it was actually two responsible robotics that I've seen previously.. so you rush making your own RnD and Robotics labs in cargo, built a lethal durand and gave it out to your own cargo techs without any reason whatsoever.

The round was even extended, having no antags or the like.. and it caused security so much stress with a lethal durand walking around armed by a newbie cargo tech. You were even making meth and handing it out amongst cargo techs and crew "just incase". Hopefully this helps clarify some issues that you failed to mention.

Edited by Abydos

No clue about the emitter thing but when I had free time I did infact build the works, as no orders were coming in at the time. The only time I wouldve used the weapons modules On the mech would've been in self defense if someone came in or depending on the type of round. Only tiem i actually fred the thing was a space bear which was attacking people. The reason was for the betterment and safety of cargonian actually, the meth was just an experiment that led to my demise.

Admin's version of events: I issued you a single warning on 2019-05-24 regarding building an entire R&D setup (Destructive Analyzer, Protolathe, Autolathe (this is fine), Circuit Printer, and R&D Server) as the Chief Engineer, in Engineering. You called out over the radio, in all caps, that you built the setup and finished research before Science did.

Admin's reasoning for actions: There were many things you could have been doing, such as setting up the solars, assisting with the station goal, or even assisting atmos with the turbine or other projects. While there are cases of building a setup on your own being okay such as Science being destroyed, refusing to do their job, or the loss of Science's staff, the the one warning I gave you wasn't one of them. If you would like to do Science's job, you are more than capable of signing up as a Scientist, or requesting a transfer. 

Acknowledgement of wrongdoing or disputing of: I am disputing this complaint, as the reason for the warning was legitimate and this not a case of a single admin harassing a player.

Edited by Breenland
Wrong template

Hi there,

First of all, I see absolutely no harassment here. You say that you are being "constantly berated", however it appears that you were warned once by Breenland, and then again 4 days latter by BlessedTuna. To say this is a single admin constantly berating you is absolutely not true - and also shows a huge problem to me with your attitude here. If an admin tells you not to do something, and you continue to do it, then they will constantly message you. This isn't harassment that you can play the victim over. This is you not following the rules. Admins won't just go away if you ignore them.

The fact you had to be warned twice not to do something is a serious problem. You're expected to follow admin instructions.

Powergaming is described in the rules, and setting up a full R&D setup as a non-science member, or distributing mechs to cargo, fall under that for me. It clearly does for multiple other admins too.

Breenland is -not- the only admin with a problem with this, as your notes indicate two different admins have contacted you about it. With me as well, that makes 3.

I highly advise you to take the instructions of the multiple admins who have contacted you over this, because a 3rd warning is not going to happen.

This complaint is without merit, inaccurate, and deceptive.

• Abydos locked this topic