"Obtain a PDA filled with hidden telecrystals which officialy belongs to Crewmember (Name)" - A new Optional Objective for Traitors

Lonelyspaceman

The syndicate has managed to smuggle some telecrystals onto the pda of an unsuspecting crew member - all you need to do is obtain it and you can buy yourself some more special toys. Beware though, you may not be the only traitor looking to get himself some more crystals!

Basically how it would work:

A random non antag crew member would have a stash of telecrystals hidden on his pda that the crewmember would neither know about nor be able to access by himself even if he knew about them. Every traitor would be told the name of this crew member at roundstart, basically starting a free for all between all traitors who want the pda. I am not sure on the amount of crystals, but it should probably be on the smaller side around 5.

The idea behind this is to provide traitors with an optional objective that can aid in completing their main objectives, but is not required to be done for them to succeed. It would also raise the chance of two traitors colliding with each other, which could make for some interesting situations.

Edited by Lonelyspaceman
Worded the objective line in Title better

I have been wondering about the details of the stored telecrystals. Would having crystals on your PDA mean that the only way to access them is through an uplink built into the PDA containing the crystals? Is there a way to have crystals on a PDA and transfer them without a build in Syndicate uplink? The answer is probably no because crystals are traded by buying raw telecrystals, but if there's a way I don't know yet I would love for someone to point me to it.

On second thought the chance for someone to guess the code is probably low enough that if someone truly manages to guess it he deserves to meme around with traitor items. Also even if a nonantag got his hands on traitor items he would still have to actually follow the rules of not being an antag, so there's that.

So all in all I agree with just turning the crewmembers PDA into a traitor version PDA (With the mentioned small amount of telecrystals) while only telling the traitors the code (and the fact that the PDA is a traitor version).

Edited by Lonelyspaceman
Changed a word

"The Syndicate has mistakenly established an uplink to the PDA of Name Namingson (Job Title). The error was detected and most of the telecrystals revoked, but a small cache of (5) TC remains inside. Retrieve them if necessary."

^  Example message.

I think it's a fun idea. If a Head has the PDA, maybe make it 6 or 7 crystals instead?

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use