Admin complaint - Shadeykins

Yuliy

Admin(s) Key: Shadeykins

Your ckey (Byond username): Yuliy

Your Discord name (if applicable): Harry.K

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): March 20th

Nature of complaint: misconduct, abuse of powers, feedback

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): Ban threat, Ignoring complaints, misconduct of the ban

Full description of events: About the issue between Korala Ice and me, Korala Ice had a really bad behavior on the game towards me and insulted from in-game even I tried to behave despite him almost ignoring the attitude of mine. But eventually I have ended up insulting him back in the DM as they never gave an apologize but keep on claiming that it was me who was acting bad, but this arguement was happened in the DM instead of the public server in the Discord due to the disappointment of their behavior. The report said I have pinged him and made an F-word, but that was only once and even Mentor already have gave a warning against it; Which was Desolate, I remember it exactly at the time. Also they - The mentor and admin, Shockpoint; Where when I had an arguement with Shockpoint previously and they mentioned that the arguements on DM is allowed, have mentioned that it need to be handled on DM, so I have followed directly. However, despite I got the warning with a single insult from the mentor and the admin in the Discord, Shadeykins decided to hit the ban without checking what and why it happened, only relying on Korala Ice's report and not asking to me what happened. This was one month ago. After one month and reply against the deny appeal, they claim that even in DM, it is not allowed, "EVEN" when I followed admin and both mentor's word; Figure it via DM instead in the Public Discord. After when the deny of appeal, I have personally made the DM via forum message system to Shadeykins directly telling not only how the situation gone, but also including the disappointment against their actions against the issue. However, not only they have ignored the explanation how Korala Ice's bad behavior, but they ignored the disappointment against their action and the criticism of their bad actions how they handled the issue. Also, they have threatened that I will get banned even from forums if I continue up and told me to just take to the headmin. While in the arguement, they also made some faulties. Once they first said I was been reported by multiple peoples, then they changed back that the report was only from Korala Ice. When I made an example, they will hang onto that example but not onto the main topic. Also include that they are only looking from Korala Ice's perspective, not on my prespective. I really am disappointed in the behavior of the community manager only having one prespective while dealing a trouble with 2 peoples, not investigating the issue more carefully, and even the ban I got was been warned already. I followed the orders what other admin and mentor said at the time - Move to the DM. Yes, I have the bad notes on the game, but all of those are from the lack of knowlege and accidents of the game, not by the arguement between the users - Until now, a first time after 2 years of gameplay. Also when admins and mentors says something, I followed up in the end instead insulting them.

Also have to mention that the ban reason was a single f word instead of the DM arguement, while in that case, it have already been handled by the admin and the mentor via making a warning. Tempering the issue that has been already handled. Reason why I haven't written the report at the time I was bannned was because I thought the reason of the ban was a DM issue towards Korala (Then it will turn into another case and will be totally legit ban, I will not comply against with that and I didn't. Until now, I have noticed that it wasn't.), not just because of single f word. I also have mentioned to peoples that I will take the issue to the DM instead salting all over the public discord server.

Edited by Yuliy
Adjusting words again, on mentioning of the reasons

After discussion with another headmin, I've decided to reject this complaint, on the grounds that it is illegible.

Complaints should use proper paragraphing and formatting. Yours doesn't.

Complaints should be clear about what their ultimate point is, and what evidence they have to support it. Yours isn't even clear on what its ultimate point is.

You can post another AC if you like, but if you do, it needs to be a LOT clearer and better worded than this one was.

Aside from structural issues, there are lots of issues with what you actually say, such as:

• Ultimately, all this stemmed from you getting banned from Discord for harassing another player, pinging them just to tell them to go fuck themselves. Regardless of any complaint you might make, until you admit that this was a fundamental mistake and not something you should ever have done, you are not getting unbanned. Perhaps not even then, but definitely not before then. You can't get unbanned by making complaints about the admin who banned you, when the original ban reason was valid.
  • The "ban threat" you mention seems to stem from Shadey telling you to take this up in the AC forum / with the headmins, or get a forum ban for repeatedly bringing it up outside the correct place. Since only headmins can deal with ACs, and Shadey knows this, Shadey was correct to try to redirect you to the right place, and to threaten to ban you from the forums if you refused to use it. Shadey was simply enforcing a policy we have.
  • You act like Shadey has commited some great crime by not responding to your issues to your satisfaction. Frankly, it is the reverse. You're the guest here. Shadey is an unpaid volunteer who helps run the place. That doesn't mean that Shadey is never wrong, but it does mean that you should worry more about whether you are pleasing the admins or not, than whether they are pleasing you or not. So far, you seem to have never strayed from this "I am correct and the admins are wrong" worldview, which is why you have never got anywhere getting unbanned. Making complaints isn't going to help you here.

Here's what I suggest:

• If you really want to get unbanned, wait a few months and then make a simple appeal, admitting wrongdoing, and backed up by a vouch from an admin of another server.
  • If you want to pursue this idea of making an admin complaint against Shadey, then you can make a new one, but I expect it to be a lot more clear, and concise, than this one was. Essentially pick the most egregious thing that you think Shadey did, clearly explain what it was, and produce supporting evidence (if you have any) for it. Still, bear in mind that some things you seem to think are egregious (like threatening to ban you from the forums for repeatedly messaging them about a headmin-only matter) are in fact standard policy. So whatever you come up with in terms of subject matter to complain about had better be a lot more significant then that, if you want your complaint to get anywhere.

• Kyet locked this topic