Admin Complaint:

WingedYordle

Admin(s) Key:  r1f73r
Your ckey (Byond username): Trubus
Your Discord name (if applicable): n/a

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): January 25, 2019 12:20 PM PST

Nature of complaint:
(Select all that apply: EG - clarification required, misapplication of rules, misconduct, abuse of powers, feedback, other)

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): Admin accused me of not following Command SoP (Which I been told countless times by admins and players that SoP was used as a guideline and not strictly to be followed. Admin accused me of losing the NAD (I was arrested by Beepsky which lead to a vampire capturing me)

Full description of events:

It started out as me hiring a player who was currently a civilian as acting CMO. AI was first to be against it and HoP question it. Central Com Officer then piped in stating we were incorrect and to reverse, we tried arguring our point that it was Captain's call and if they felt like they trust the person to do the job efficiently then it should be fine. I've seen a lot of players do this, hire those off manifest as civilians or assistants and hire them into officer roles. Yes, I bent the SoP firing Rioz from assistant, and re-hired them as medical officer to promote them back to CMO acting. They would have been demoted back to doctor once an actual CMO was hired. R1F73R then argues that command needs to be mindshielded too. NO ONE but HoS, Captain, Blueshield and NTR are mindshielded when they are first entered in game.

The AI kept going against laws because they have some sort of grudge against me and station announcement everything I did, which doesn't help my case against CC. Again, I've seen WORSE captains do a lot worse then me hiring a civvy as acting CMO. I honestly do believe I make a better captain then most.

The admin then accuses me of not fulfilling the role, as captain, I have always put max effort in captain in order for the station to be running perfectly and nothing amiss. I have never had a bwoink regarding my role as captain or other commanding roles so I believe this was exaterrated, but I would like clarification on what I am doing wrong so I can fix it. No one has told me what I am doing wrong as captain.

Lastly, the admin accused me of losing the NAD. Wolf O'Shaw never loses the NAD. I always make sure I know where the NAD is at all time. The reason the NAD was not on me this time was because the vampire attacked me. I have never once gone out to space with the NAD, if I did, I always pass the NAD to the HoP so it doesn't get lost. What happen was the NAD was teleported when the vampire who attacked Wolf incinerate me. I am a little annoyed the admin decided to bring that up.

I honestly feel the command ban is unjust, but apparently it was discussed with other admins who felt the same, I just feel robbed.

• Like 1

This appears to be an appeal more than a complaint. Complaints should not be used as a "super appeal".

R1F73R believed a command ban was appropriate due to your conduct. He discussed this with other staff who agreed.

This seems reasonable to me too - bending SoP to hire a civilian as a head of staff, skipping everyone in their department, and then arguing it with CC, is not how Captains should be acting. 

The only comment I see about mindshields is referring to security - R1F73R at no time argued that command need to be mindshielded.

The AI's actions are irrelevant here.

Losing the NAD to a Vampire is generally the sign of a validhunting captain who is going after threats themselves. You did indeed lose the NAD. 

I asked R1F73R about this, and he found he was mistaken there on the specifics of how it got lost.

While you always put "max" effort in, it's the opinion of many admins who have seen this that the way you play Captain is that you are quite poor at it, from what I see of the discussion when R1F73R talked to other admins about the situation. 

Thus, there is no wrongdoing here and the complaint is resolved. You may of course post an appeal for the ban. I highly advise talking to R1F73R or perhaps any other admin you have a good dialogue with to better understand the issues the admins have with the way you play command.

Fair enough, I will speak with R1F73R and maybe Terry and Normallyman and see what needs to improve.

Normally you are correct about valid hunting. I hid the library because whomever was playing Renault was trying to play security and was dragging me, thus, I was trying to get the cuffs off without fox spotting me. When I got incinerated the NAD teleported, the spare ID remained in that room though.

Thanks for clarifying, Necaladun

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use