Grand Sabotage Objective

MalekOU

I was looking through the traitor objectives and was surprised I didn't see something like this on there. What I mean by "Grand Sabotage Objective" is an objective where an antagonist has to prevent the station from accomplishing it's station goals. I don't know much about coding, but since the station goals themselves get greentext, I assume it wouldn't be hard to make it so that if the station goal isn't green, the antagonist's goal is.

I think it'd be a fun, vague but easily confirmed objective. Of course some things might have to change around it, for instance "Sufficient proof the culprit has been heavily interfering with the station's objective" would probably have to be added to space law, in case the antag keeps their crimes small scale, but still manages to delay the objective heavily. I think the meta would probably have to change too kind of, people would actually have to start suspecting someone of trying to sabotage the objective most likely, captains would have to be more overbearing about getting objectives done in case a head is trying to prevent it through inaction.

There's some specifics I don't think I'm fit to decide on, like to what extent murder is allowed (Personally I'd be fine if all murder is allowed if it's explicitly delaying results, like killing members of engineering for example.) other than that, I think it might spice up station objectives with antags trying to get in the way, makes it less like you're just going through the motions. Also since I assume destroying something like the DNA vault would count as sabotaging the objective, Security might have to keep an eye on that when it's done. That feels like a task they'd normally have to do regardless in my opinion.

The thing is. The station goals are very often either unfinished, or neglected. This would lead to an objective similar to the "steal a plasma tank/unused slime extract", that is, a ridiculously easy objective that may as well be free

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Superhats said:

The thing is. The station goals are very often either unfinished, or neglected. This would lead to an objective similar to the "steal a plasma tank/unused slime extract", that is, a ridiculously easy objective that may as well be free

That's understandable, but I think it'd just be better to promote actually taking care of the station goals than just letting it be. I kind of got the feeling that since the goals really aren't that dynamic or interesting as is, that's why they get ignored constantly. I was hoping something like players actively trying to sabotage it would make people try to work harder at it in return.

I dunno, feels like a waste to not bother with the system because it's underutilized, maybe if more pressures were placed on finishing them it could work. Like having part of the NT rep's job be hassling the captain to finish the goal.

I think it would be too easy. Spacing the Shield sats is quick as hell, and you can do it easily without witness. Vault and BSA are a little bit harder, but probably just stealing the boards will make for a sizable delay, and if all else fails they could be bombed. Objectives are neglected usually because they have few mechanic effects. Shields is just useful if you get a meteor event, and even them they do a piss poor job. BSA is only good if you're lucky and there's an off station antag base and you found it. DNA vault has some nice effects sometimes, but they are quite minor for the work you put in. It's usually late game when you get it, genetics work would have paid off better.

I like the idea of the objective but maybe not just related to station wide goals.

Objectices like: Destroy the engine, cloning machine, a certain part of the station, etc. 

I think its a great idea except for the station goal. This way the antagonist actions will add to the round affecting the entire crew even if going full stealth. For the biggest sabotages that can destroy the station (destroy engine, release terror spiders and escape alive, etc) the captain could receive a warning from CC like "According to out intel our enemies have plans to [objective here] in the next hours" so it makes it more interesting both for the antag and security.

The current objectives are overall pretty absurd and dont help to add fun to the round...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use