Players should be punished for declining anesthesia.

esven

As long as there's no punishment for internal bleeding and alien extraction surgery with no anesthesia. I mean, "Yes, sir, you have an ugly alien about to burst through your chest and you will explode in tiny pieces and make a mess. Now, please, let me adjust your mask and turn on this anesthesia tank. Good night.". There are also heads that wish to be awake during the process to keep an eye on their staff, and I totally understand that.

I think local anesthesia would be for the best, if you want to make anesthesia required.

So, to re-confirm, I will be adding a failure % chance for:

• all surgery on a non-anaesthetised patient

• all surgery not done on an operating table

Quite when this will happen, I don't know, I have other things to work on currently.

No

There at least USED to be a miss chance on tables that weren't surgical tables, not sure what happened if it's out of the code now.

Also if you're gonna be a dick and do this to VOX and SLIMES please actually fix the features in both to not have appendix and slimes to not have bones.

Also if you're gonna be a dick...

:roll:

...and do this to VOX and SLIMES please actually fix the features in both to not have appendix and slimes to not have bones.

Large amounts of sleep toxin should be a viable workaround.

you have soporific, clark and tramadol

I meant in terms of time, injecting sleep toxin or dragging them to sleepers and back to surgery takes unecessary time. And alien extraction is already a long surgery

I'm sorry, I'm just not digging this idea at all xD I know it makes sense for the patient to move, but I quite liked to roleplay emergency surgeries, if there's a chance of failure it's not worth the risk

I will agree with clark. I have had great fun playing a patient in a "no time to lose an alien has jumped on her face and it was not Lamar" situation before and had a couple of great moments with the surgeon, assistant nurse and psychiatrist

So how about this for a compromise:

Two different types of surgery depending on intent:

Help/disarm intent surgery has a lower chance of failure but is slower and will not cause accidental damage.

Grab/harm intent surgery has a higher chance of failure, is faster, but often causes additional bruising.

Differentiating between routine surgery and emergency surgery. Best of both worlds. Imagine the damage caused when that embryo is ripped out now. It's not going to fail, but their organ(s) will need repair afterwards.

Help/disarm intent surgery has a lower chance of failure but is slower and will not cause accidental damage.

Grab/harm intent surgery has a higher chance of failure, is faster, but often causes additional bruising.

Differentiating between routine surgery and emergency surgery. Best of both worlds. Imagine the damage caused when that embryo is ripped out now. It's not going to fail, but their organ(s) will need repair afterwards.

Sounds interesting!

Fireaxes should be a valid part of ghetto surgery.

Actually, the hatchet is a valid "ghetto-tool" replacement for circular saw... :twisted:

I really like this idea. But I'd still like to point out that this may not really cause any significant delay in fixing the patient, as you can just use the advanced trauma kit after the alien embroy (or farwa/monkey) extraction, as you now already have their chest open.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use