Proto Kinetic Crusher alternate storage

nickhoude21

You probably are thinking of the kinetic accelerator, not the kinetic crusher, the meele weapon. The crusher does have the w_class of 4, same as backpacks, unless you got a bag of holding, can't put it into your backpack. What could help if you could unwield the crusher, so you can move ore around, currently, the hammer requires both hands all the time.

12 hours ago, AceWhite27 said:

Yeah, unless they recently changed it, you can still put it in the backpack, I wouldn't see how, or why this is a problem.

13 hours ago, Benjaminfallout said:

Backpack still works right?

As far as I've known, unless it was semi recently changed, the crusher has always required two hands to wield and has only been stored on the back. In my opinion, the crusher is the superior mining tool and weapon but this problem makes the crusher a royal pain to use.

Yeah, that was my bad, I thought you were talking about the Kinetic Accelerator, a different ballpark entirely when it comes to mining tools.

As for your problem, think of it as a balance, the Kinetic Accelerator is slightly useless when it comes to mining, and mediocre at killing things (until you upgrade it with science's help), but it's easily storable, while The Kinetic Crusher is useful in its own right, but a pain in the ass when it comes to storage.

Hope this helps.

On 5/15/2018 at 11:06 PM, AceWhite27 said:

Yeah, that was my bad, I thought you were talking about the Kinetic Accelerator, a different ballpark entirely when it comes to mining tools.

As for your problem, think of it as a balance, the Kinetic Accelerator is slightly useless when it comes to mining, and mediocre at killing things (until you upgrade it with science's help), but it's easily storable, while The Kinetic Crusher is useful in its own right, but a pain in the ass when it comes to storage.

Hope this helps.

How long has it been since you have done mining? Serious question. Because the kinetic accelerator is nowhere close to useless. It takes a sec to charge up and instantly mines a rock up to three tiles away. It also isn't bad for killing things and is much safer. It is also upgraded through items purchased at the mining tools vendor after turning in ore.

On 5/15/2018 at 10:57 AM, MarsMond said:

You probably are thinking of the kinetic accelerator, not the kinetic crusher, the meele weapon. The crusher does have the w_class of 4, same as backpacks, unless you got a bag of holding, can't put it into your backpack. What could help if you could unwield the crusher, so you can move ore around, currently, the hammer requires both hands all the time.

What I am saying is that I want another way of storing it BESIDES on your back where the backpack should go. I would even accept unwielding it happily.

3 minutes ago, nickhoude21 said:

Because the kinetic accelerator is nowhere close to useless.

I haven't played mining in a while, but its based on personal preference, I mainly think an unupgraded KA is useful for gib clearing, but when its upgraded with special science upgrades, then the asteroid could be cleared in one fell swoop, trust me, I've got that far.

5 minutes ago, nickhoude21 said:

What I am saying is that I want another way of storing it BESIDES on your back where the backpack should go.

As for this, I think a  chat with the coders, or admins would be the right call after you get enough people behind the cause, nothing convinces change like 100 people behind you screaming the same thing.

Also, take this with a grain of salt, I have no idea how paradise and the staff roles with such, this is what I would do personally, so it's up to you.

The Kinetic Accelerator is far and away the most useful and powerful mining tool you can get. Even in it's basic state you still end up mining faster with it then a pick axe.
And even if science utterly ignores you, 2 cooldown mods and 1 damage mod, leave you able to clear things out fast, shred through mobs and pop open abandoned crates in relatively short order.
If science DOES give you the mining AoE, then every shot is mining a 3x3 radius, more then a RIPLY drill does, ona shorter cooldown at range.

As for the Crusher, I've always assumed it to be a very intentional "Hard mode" for mining, that's why it's so unwieldy. It's also justn ot quite up to "Par" as it should be however, as it's something that heavily involves Lavaland stlye mining, where, on killing creatures with the Kinetic Crusher, you have a chance to drop special trophies from that that you slap onto the Crusher to improve it.  (Killing Legion mobs for example, which are basically reskinned Hivelords, can grant you a 'Legion Skull' which reduces the cooldown of the crusher))

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use