Blueshield: Radio and Accesses

Streaky Haddock

Blueshield has HoP access but without the ID card. It's unsuitable for their job. They don't need hydro, kitchen or chapel accesses.

They should have basic engineering access, though and perhaps RnD access, since I find it hard to protect the CE and RD since they are consistently walled off by my accesses.

The Blueshield similarly does not need the HoP headset. HoS headset would make far more sense.

For his access, I would keep it the same, and if anything, more access to medbay and the brig, along with basic access to all departments. But with the headset, I would just switch the supply channel with the medical channel.

Also, he needs some extra ammo and a SWAT helmet.

The cargo Autolathe needs an ID lock...

Way too many blueshields have their way with it.

More like don't give Blueshield ID cargo access since blueshield never does jack to defend the QM

Everybody needs things from cargo, but not everybody has cargo access. The NT Rep has a good reason to be in cargo but unless he's following the HoP, the Blueshield doesn't. I'm interested in making it possible for the Blueshield to do his job properly whilst keeping some semblence of balance. The Blueshield doesn't need access to all these civilian departments, but he DOES need engineering access and possibly RnD/Research Shuttle access because that's where the CE and RD often are.

As the blueshield is instrumental to head of staff safety, he needs to be able to respond to every place on the station. I don't see NT creating safety blind spots in order to accommodate sensitivities of cargo haulers. However, if he abuses it, QM should demand that HoP revoke that access.

If we're going by that logic, all loyalty implanted staff would have all-access, but we have to take into account that antagonists need places to do their dirty work, so there must be access restrictions in place.

Very little, if any, of my post would translate to "all loyalty implanted staff". No other position would be in a position to accompany (or immediately locate) any head of staff to (on) any part of the station.

Blueshield is the secret service of SS13.

I especially hate that Blue shields take the lathe in Cargo as their personal vending machine. Back when I was QM a lot I got anything from a screaming match to being arrested to keep the Blueshield from emptying the lathe of metal for autoloaders.

Maybe just straight up give blueshield a command radio and captains level access, but also give them an on-spawn warning that they are not to abuse their position for anything besides protecting their mark. Also maybe have jobbans for big abusers?

Blueshield is not security, the HOS, the HOP, the RD, CE, nor the Captain. Their job is simply to protect their head's life and safety etc etc that sort of thing?

No, Haba.

I am very wary of giving a job all access because ~nations~. There are some departments that cannot defend against an early capture from a Blueshield. I know, because I've done it before.

Maybe Blueshield should have a different job in nations then. Merc that ONLY defends maybe? Could be a good way to counter sec raids.

A single "niche" gamemode shouldn't stop a job from getting balanced. If it does cause problems the gamemode should be changed.

Yes, rather change the specifics of the game mode than having the blueshield position make little sense when the game regular modes are played. You should change the topic to "Nations balancing" or something. This is not really about the blueshield as such.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use