GunDOS and Spacemanspark Use Admin Powers to Obtain Users' IP Addresses to SWAT Them

JordantheKitty

Admin Key: GunDOS and spacemanspark

Your Discord name (if applicable): Jordan`#1402

Complaint: https://pastebin.com/riK48yEU

image.png.32124eb3bb01e35cb06863ff4bf3ba39.png

Besides using their powers to call the police on "countless" people, Aurora also made very grave threats to me. I never truly felt as scared as I have in the past hour. I feel like I'm putting myself at a big risk to even bring this out in the open because she can accuse me of any number of things, and she has threatened to "use all her assets" to bring me misery.

Just to emphasize,

GunDOS - Today at 4:02 PM

Jordan.

This time I am threatening you.

If you hurt my friends, in any way. I will do all in my power to make you miserable.

GunDOS - Today at 4:14 PM

If you attempt to hurt my friends, this includes Paradise or Eris. I will use every asset I have available to me that is allowed by law, to make sure you regret it. There are very few people who have incurred my anger, you are one of these people now. How dare you go after my friends, how dare you throw their kindness and their interest in your welfare in their faces.

I have laid this out as clear as I can, if you do not understand. I'm afraid there is nothing more I will do.

I'd also like to testify that they'll probably say they did it to help a poor suicidal person, but the police definitely didn't take that stance. I wasn't checked in on for suicide, I was faced with a harassment charge. Suicide wasn't even brought up except in a line that just made me sound stupid, something along the lines of "they went all out in private messages and threatened to kill themselves over a video game." Whether the police came up with that themselves or if they were paraphrasing the original call, I don't know.

If you think I will EVER sit back when someone tells me repeatedly that they will kill themselves, you are wrong. Very wrong.

I didn't enjoy banning you, I didn't enjoy the PMs you sent me afterwords, and I most certainly didn't enjoy contacting the authorities because I thought somebody was literally about to kill themselves.

Judge me how you will, I stand by what I did and won't back away from it. And that's all I'm saying here.

• Like 10

No.
Your IP is ours to obtain when you connect to the server, when you connect our webserver, our wiki, anything that we host. In fact, I'm looking at it right now.

A SWATTING would mean that a heavily armed police unit is dispatched to your address, in the context of swatting nowadays it would mean Spark / GunDOS called the police with reports of an armed hostage situation or an active shooting, this is not the case.

You threatened suicide, I'm not 100% on US Law, but I'll go with my gut feeling that Spark does not want his inaction to tear at his conscious.

3 minutes ago, JordantheKitty said:

I'd also like to testify that they'll probably say they did it to help a poor suicidal person, but the police definitely didn't take that stance. I wasn't checked in on for suicide, I was faced with a harassment charge. Suicide wasn't even brought up except in a line that just made me sound stupid, something along the lines of "they went all out in private messages and threatened to kill themselves over a video game." Whether the police came up with that themselves or if they were paraphrasing the original call, I don't know.

I'm not very well versed in law, but I personally see it as harassment to threaten suicide over a ruling made against you in a video game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I never threatened suicide to try and get back into the server. I never said anything like "if you don't unban me I'll kill myself." Even during my huge mental breakdown, I didn't say anything like that.

"I'll kill myself, I'll fucking kill myself"
"You took away my only escape"

I never said I never threatened suicide, I just didn't specifically do it to try and get an unban. I was really, honestly in a bad state. And I don't blame Spark for making the call if he truly worried and truly wanted to help.

Just now, JordantheKitty said:

I never said I never threatened suicide, I just didn't specifically do it to try and get an unban. I was really, honestly in a bad state. And I don't blame Spark for making the call if he truly worried and truly wanted to help.

No, you did, you made a reddit thread saying he SWATTED you, and that he, and GunDOS abuse their powers.
The title of your thread here, and on reddit, speaks for itself, and the feedback on both should be plenty for you to reflect on.

You are now on a 5 minute grace period, when my clock hits 00:25 I am permanently banning you from this forum. Any head can unban you at a later date, but seeing your track record would most likely sway any person away from letting you back into paradise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • clown 1

please, please don't do this, i've already lost everything, i lost the server and the discord and eris, i admit i was wrong on this, please don't ban me from the last communication i can possibly have

Such threats are taken seriously by the staff here, and contacting the authorities was the correct thing to do.

There is no misconduct here, in fact, the staff involved went above and beyond their normal duties of banning griefers and actually took things into real life, due to their concerns for the safety and well being of someone, and think they should be incredibly proud of how they handled such things.

I hope you get the help you need.

• Like 2

Also, to make things clear - there was no "SWATTING" here. This implies a (false) police report was made, which would get a SWAT team to your house - something incredibly illegal.

Authorities were contacted with the threats of self harm that were made.