7/02/2018 (Peggy the Vox) Admin Unknown

Lurapa

Admin Key: Fethas [Asked one round after the round this situation occurred. Toepic4u informed me it was 'possibly' Fethas. If it is not, I apologize - but, it is whoever Peggy was In-Character.)

Your Discord name (if applicable): Netero#8992.

Complaint: I am writing to complain about how Peggy handled the IC of the situation. I would just like to clarify that the Central Command Officer was a Vox - IC, and the way they typed was befitting of the Race, and I understand that they may have been attempting a Vox approach to a CC Officer. But the way it was handled, was sub-par to how a lot of the other CC Officers I have interacted with have handled 'X' situation.

To start it off. The Chef was abiding by their Standard Operating Procedure, and by Space Law. Security intercepted the Chef, while they were producing [Ambrosia Pizza(s)] and proceeded to bully the Chef without following Standard Operating Procedure and processing the Chef. This ignorance of Space Law, and Standard Operating Procedure displayed by Security caused the Chef to drink, and complain in-game, through IC. The Captain, the Station, and general Crew gradually found out about the incident and the Captain sided with Security while the CMO, and RD sided with the Chef. The rest of the crew were 50/50 - deciding to either bully the Chef IC, accompanied by yelling at the Chef (who now lost the drive to cook) to cook food. Saying they're shit at their job and whatnot.

I consider the above to have ruined the Chef's round whole heartedly. After 30 minutes of back and forth arguing Central Command adds their cents into the matter, providing the Cyberiad with sub quality, and frankly sub-par Orders. This is where I came in, as the here-say the Captain was preaching relating to Central Command, did not match with Standard Operating Procedure, and Space Law. This made me think the order was some form of Syndicate Operative, intercepting communications to - for lack of a better word, Troll the station. 

So. I fax Central Command, asking them for clarification and to see what they Fax'd the Captain - because I'm sceptical at this point. They reply with a frankly immature 'SKREEEE' and proceed to force Command into a 'Dance Off' when the Station was IC in the sector riddled so many stray rocks and debris that the Station's objective is to produce a Station Meteor Shield. All of Command were forced to re-allocate their attention from the Mission Objective, the whole purpose the Cyberiad is out in the Meteor Shield. To dance, with one another.

They also said (or another admin, the same round - post-departure) said in OOC as the round finished that Space Law > Standard Operating Procedure. And I think that is absolutely false. Standard Operating Procedure predates, and protects from Space Law. A few examples are Security Officer's Legal SoP - which protects them from being charged with Murder, upon killing someone. The Clown's SoP, from being abused for slipping people. The Botanist's SoP for wielding a hatchet, and growing certain items. SoP voids a user from having Space Law enforced on them, if they follow the SoP's guidelines. If the Chef tricked people, or force fed people Ambrosia Pizza then they'd have been done with assault, and wouldn't have been covered and or protected by their SoP. The Chef, however, did not trick or force feed people. And got treated like absolute poo by Crew. You can compare this situation to where a kid was being bullied by their peers, then the Teacher joins in and enforces the student's stance on it.

I am just being so vocal about this because... It's just not up to standard. I interact with a lot of Admins in-game, via Fax as Hon. Han Sprite, H.O.P Paperwork Edition.

Please refer to the attachments, which provide a screenshot of the faxes - my question / reply / inquiry into the Fax's legitimacy and my stance.

AttachmentSS13.PNG

Being the person that dynamized and more or less wrote SOP as is, before it was put up for public feedback, I can just outright tell you that no, SOP does not overrule/"protect from" Space Law.

Never did, never does, never will.

Just wanted to clear that up.

• Like 1

I am not saying it's makes you immune to Space Law. It is just something, if followed, allows you to avoid the ramifications of Space Law. I'll list a few examples below,

Clown Slipping people / If normal people performed that, they would be either getting Workplace Hazard - or Battery. Depending on how or when it happened.

Security Departmental Executions / If normal people performed an Execution of any kind it leads to an Illegal Execution which leads into a Murder charge.

Chef (prior to the above round) utilising Ambrosia / If normal people utilised ambrosia in a food, without being in the Chef occupation - and or, having the Chef's SoP as a blanket for them, they would have been charged with Narcotic Distribution, and or Assault.

Bartender shooting non-lethally at unruly persons / If a normal persons performed non-lethal actions on a person, to the extent a Bartender can perform. They'd be performing Battery.

Janitor creating slipping hazards but being protected by signs, being placed / If normal people were to spam water about on the station floor. They'd be performing a Workplace Hazard, the signs and SoP of a Janitor is what protects the Janitor from being charged or held accountable. 

Quartermaster - Cargo Technicians can hack and modify their Auto lathe / If any normal person were to hack and or tamper with a dispenser, auto lathe - etcetera, they would be getting something along the lines of Vandalism. Sabotage, etc etc.

The above are just rough side-by-side comparisons. They're all very situational, but, Standard Operating Procedure - even if it wasn't meant to protect from Space Law, still kind of does.  It gives the authority to a certain occupation to perform their occupation without the over-lapping of Space Law. If the Clown's Standard Operating Procedure didn't protect the Clown, they would be placed in the brig 10 minutes into the round.

Ffs, sorry for the delay, it appears I lost everything I had pre written before I crashed out.

Firstly - SoP may act as a qualifier for space law, in so far as it allows security to have tasers, etc. In some ways it's similar to an Act Interpretation Act. SoP absolutely does not predate space law either, the wiki page for space law being older.

Secondly, CC > Space Law. CC can suspend space law, and are not subject to it. They're a dystopian corporate state, and care little for proper rule of law, except where it benefits themselves. Sometimes they have extreme interpretations, sometimes they have people who really don't care as long as the station isn't on fire. Sometimes they have mad scientists conducting experiments on the crew, other times a minimum-wage Vox is put in charge of the fax machine.

The "dance off" added a much more fun and interesting resolution to the conflict here. The station shield is something that has been done hundreds if not thousands of times before, and having that as the station goal doesn't mean everything needs to be super serious. Paradise can be a wacky place sometimes, and humour and light hearted sillyness is part of that. A dance off is much more memorable than a generic station shield that is done multiple times per day.

Overall, this was due to a conflict and oversight in SoP and Space Law on an obscure point (One I've never seen raised before). While SoP says they're allowed to use it, it does not say they can distribute it. It was then brought up as something that needs to be fixed at a later date, with a dance-off being provided as a means of resolving in the round, in a frankly hilarious and memorable fashion.

I don't see any wrongdoing here, and think the method of diffusing the situation was well handled.

I can say that looking back at the events, is that I just think the 'Roleplay' for the Vox was the main issue here. Their replies were Vox related. And it's the first Vox I've encountered who played a CC Officer. I was taken aback by their method of reply, their quality of reply, and how they shrugged off conversation. Because at the time, the Chef was in the right. And the CC Officer was enforcing the wrong. And when I attempted to clarify as to why the CC Officer was saying X thing but Space Law / SoP stated Z thing.

The main issue looking back is how the conversation between the NT Representative and the CC Officer played out. I would have been fine if they replied properly, and not with vague-ish Vox roleplay. The roleplay of a Vox is fine as long as it doesn't.... 'REEEEEEEEEEEEEE' it's way into hard to understand sentences. Or sending replies to faxes w/o stamps and whatnot.

From an OOC standpoint the dance off is fine. But from a medium roleplay server you'd expect some respect be shown to the round's objective. 

But yeah, thanks for the reply.

Apologies for taking up your time.

Edited by Lurapa

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use