Alert the AI and Robotics when a borg goes offline

CPTCoffee

At the moment the AI can see pretty much anywhere there's a camera, and it receives movement and power alarms. It can see through borgs cameras. I propose that the AI gets an alert when a borg has been brought offline. Also, robotics should be notified.  A lot like when a patient is critical and medbay gets a notification over coms. It would make finding the borg much easier. 

So far borgs are only allowed to alert the general populace if their battery is low and if they've been running on a 15000+ battery that can take some time, and even then it's not guaranteed to alert someone to their location. 

• angryeyes 1

As it currently stands the AI can (and should) periodically check the robotics console to ensure all their borgs are still functional.  This doesn't always happen, even with more experienced AIs because, well, playing AI is often a pretty busy job.

I think I'd support this if there was some sort of delay, say, 60 seconds to 2 minutes or so after the Borg becomes non-operational before the signal goes out. This gives antags time to destroy a borg and get away if they need to without having the AI and security come down on them immediately. 

• Like 1

/tg/ has a feature where the status tab on an AI shows all sync'd borgs, their integrity, module, and cell charge. 

Information the AI can easily obtain from the robotics console, however I have always contemplated if it still might be too much. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use