Shadow people and golems.

Nayser

The change i suggest requires no code change but rather change of how they are treated OOC.

I suggest that golems and shadow people are treated not same way as crew. But more like as pets with ability to harm, much like sentient spider or diona nymph. (Unless it's crew turned into shadowman or golem) Because it makes a whole lot more sense.

Because they are not crew and not even pets. Meaning that IC you wouldn't break law by harming/killing them but in OOC if you kill one it's a huge deal, meanwhile he respawns as another golem 3 minutes later.

The fact that you have to put up with them as if they are crew is often very frustrating. Because of how antagonists can create them constantly and you have to figure out if they are bad or not.

Ian eats all food in kitchen and gets killed - nobody bats an eye. Golem is being nuisance and gets killed - huge deal.

Killing Ian (A harmless pet, one of a kind and property of station) breaks law. Killing golem (A possible threat that can be reproduced) doesn't break law but is a huge offence OOC.

What gives?

Aren't shadow people technically players that injected themselves with slime juice?

As for Golems. Anyone can kill them even without provocation. Why did you get bwoink? send an admin complaint.

The rules aren't very clear. This is just another "spirit of the rule" scenario that kinda annoys me.

Valid: Mostly referring to Antagonists that are able to be killed by other players under any context. Certain Antagonists (Nuke ops, Wizard, Blob, Xenos, Terror Spiders) are all considered valid, while others (Traitor, Changeling, Cult, Shadowlings) are not. Cluwnes are always valid under any and all circumstances.

The Administration really needs to look at this. I really want to know as well.

Edited by Jovaniph
No no thats not right. deleted stuff and read the rules again.

20 minutes ago, Shadeykins said:

Keep it on topic, please.

If you need to discuss a ban appeal/ban, the ban appeal subforum/admin complaints subforum is the place to do that.

Sorry, we kinda drifted into it. Besides, my appeal is collecting dust. T_T

3 hours ago, Jovaniph said:

That's the mistake. You killed a shadow person.

A Shadow Person is actually a person that made themselves that way. They are not created/spawned.
https://gyazo.com/ca6b4851b2a64d445b85071669dba5e7

I think i just realised what happened, golems that were turned into shadow people, so i guess shadowpeople are still relevant to this topic.

Shadow people murder is often an over zealous sec guy who just doesn't understand that cuffing and staying next to someone with your flashlight taser is going to fry em up crispy. I've had a few good rounds where through much effort I've conveyed that light kills me if in this said situation. I've had officers stick me in lockers and help me get food from the kitchen. Shadow people are people too damn it! Why would you want to DE-crew a Shadow-guy??? They are not Shadowlings? They are not allowed to murder people. Even when getting fried to death I've never had the desire to attack someone with lights... the Piteous begging often does more anyways. I'd love to see Shadow Engineers / Shadow handy fellows setting up a shadow section of maint and having productive shifts. Join me in my vision of unified shadow realm. With food and darkness for all! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use