Admin Complaint: Necaladun

Anuv

Admin Key: Necaladun

Your Discord name (if applicable): Anuv#2499

Complaint: I'll preface this by saying my client frozen when I tried to save logs. This was around 1:00 PM on October 27th.

I spawned on a Nuke Ops team and right away some of the ops wanted war while some wanted stealth. There was initial disagreement and no vote was held before War was suddenly declared. Some players were upset that there was no vote while the pro-war players were hooting and yelling and losing their minds. 

I still opted to go stealth - everyone was made aware of this and I suited up as a civilian with a Macrobomb implant and chameleon gear. I entered the station and ambushed a geneticist and put on his gear with a gas mask. From the start I had a Syndie radio key and immediately used it in my science headset. From that point on I freely moved around the station and gave important updates over the Syndie radio channel. At one point I met up with another Ops in a maint tunnel below Medbay while wearing my stealth geneticist and we talked strategy from there before we went our separate ways. 

The captain had locked himself down in the brig with security and I made my way through the east Brig hallway maintenance tunnel towards the brig lobby. From there I hid in an O2 locker in the NW corner of the east hallway. I had x-ray and IR implants and I was relaying information at the time about the brig and the captain's whereabouts as well as that I was watching them from maint with x-ray and IR.

At this point the whole team came in from the south side of the tunnel and moved around my locker before coming to a full stop and talking preparation. As they all approached I gave a courtesy locker-opening in full view, showed myself for several seconds, then hid again. After a few seconds Nuclear Operative #4 approached the locker from the right side and opened it himself. I did not move as I was typing more recon information. 

A full 5 seconds passed as he looked at me - then blew my head off with a sniper rifle point-blank and my Macrobomb exploded. I gibbed and then killed what I think were ~2 other innocent Ops, yet #4 managed to live and escape. He continued to play for several minutes before crew took him out.

At this point I was trying to ask in ghost chat what happened (in livid fashion, admittedly). #4 was still alive so no answer.

When #4 was killed he said he did not see my Ops icon above my head. Assuming this is true, and given the fact that he looked at me for ~5 seconds before murdering me point-blank, then I can only assume that it was a bug, especially with his admission. I accept full responsibility if he shot and I suddenly ran into his line of fire (which, of course, didn't happen). The only other answer is that he had a latent issue with the war/stealth disagreement at the start of the round and it was done with full intent.

I ahelped at this point and Necaladun immediately excused #4 away by saying it was a mistake in a "heated moment".

I made a point that he said he couldn't see my icon.

I made a point that I showed myself in view of everyone.

I made a point that then opened the locker and then waited a full 5 seconds before shooting me.

I made a point that ALL ops were aware I was in full stealth mode and I was giving updates over the secure channel.

And I again made a point that he said he didn't see my Ops icon in ghost chat and I mentioned a bug-induced token.

I asked, hypothetically, what would happen if I intentionally killed a fellow Syndicate in the same manner that I was killed but lied to an admin and said it was a mistake - he said I would be permabanned.

During this time #4 asked why I wasn't communicating and attempted to deflect full blame for the situation back on me in ghost chat. It suddenly seemed intentional with his tone - like it was revenge for the issue at the round start. Except the entire round I had a Syndicate radio key and was talking. He then again said he didn't see my icon above my head. So again, he was making a point about a bug. Necaladun began to give an excuse that it was a "heated moment" when it was anything but - all of us were standing still in a hallway, I calmly showed myself, and again was absolutely doing nothing in full view of the entire time before I was killed.

yOC57uh.png

Necaladun also incorrectly stated that Op #4 died because of my macrobomb (he lived, continued to play the round, and was only later killed by a crew member) and then immediately contradicted himself by saying that oh, he went on to play "2 whole more minutes".

YZn1vVs.png

At this point someone (I'm assuming another admin, if not Necaladun himself) stealthily told me to "man up" (below):

ORUHgdd.png

(I could definitely go on about how AMAZINGLY disrespectful a comment like that is when I was calmly talking and making my points in ahelp - I can imagine most people would have been MUCH move vulgar and MUCH more livid than I was - but I was trying to continue to discuss the issue).

At this point Necaladun shut me down and said to not bother and that no token would be given - in spite of #4 saying he couldn't see my Syndicate icon (twice) in ghost chat.

If that was the case then it was not a mistake. No heated moment. No accident. A bug, or worse.

There was no punishment or recourse given.

I mentioned that I would possibly make a thread to at least point out the issue at hand.

What was his reply?

A taunt. He taunted me, and told me to not bother, that it wouldn't be accepted or given any credence. 

Go look at the logs yourself.

I don't care if this complaint changes anything.

I want you, a fellow player or another staff member reading this thread, to go see his conduct in the logs. Then maybe you'll get a better idea about what not to do when dealing with someone who was wronged and trying to make a case.

I was a huge fan of this server until an hour ago. It's a lot easier to maintain fun, competent, and engaged players then get new ones - especially on a game as aging as this one. After today? My reputation of this server has soured beyond words. 

As per our antagonist token guidelines:

Do be advised, however, that Antagonist Tokens are never guaranteed, and are ultimately at the discretion of the Server Staff to distribute.

Op #4 was injured previously to killing you, stating "Fucker blew my hand off" - the previous combat had injured him heavily, and after the macrobomb went off, roughly two minutes later he died.

I see no indication that there was anything intentional about it. Discussion on the admin channels with @Sothangel agreed here, with:

(Joseph King) (follow|body) complains, "No, Op 3 was in the locker, couldn't tell it was him, macrobomb on death got us."

Yeah, seems just an accident

Your following PM is why I said you'd be permabanned if you did it yourself, as it would not be an accident, but grief:

[13:05:31]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): Okay so next nukie round "accidentally" blow up a macrobombed teammate and kill everyone and it'll be okay?

As indicated in my response.

[13:05:55]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Necaladun)->Anuv/(Anuv): If you do that, you'll be permabanned as it will be clearly not an accident.

In a nuclear ops round, friendly fire is a problem that happens, mistakes do happen, and I do not believe there was any intent to grief here. Hence no antag token was given. I cannot confirm if there was any bug that caused him to not see the icon, or if it was intentional. Nothing in logs or variables shows the intent of the player here. It was added to his notes in case it becomes a pattern, but I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt, as another admin agreed it seemed an accident.

@TullyBBurnalot @Dumbdumn5 - if either would like to ask me anything more/rule on this, would be appreciated.

51 minutes ago, necaladun said:

(Joseph King) (follow|body) complains, "No, Op 3 was in the locker, couldn't tell it was him, macrobomb on death got us."

Was that #4? Or another Op next to him?

So let's assume he wasn't trying to intentionally grief me - then why was he trying to directly blame me and my "lack of communication" in ghost chat directly afterwards and strongly suggest it was all my fault? There was nothing I did to warrant any sort of blame in any capacity and I did everything I could to tell my teammates about my situation.

Then if it was just a mistake - why would he repeatedly say that he couldn't see my Ops icon in ghost chat (at least he seemed to suggest such) if it was a mistake? Why wouldn't he just suggest it was a bug? I'd like to see the logs for what he said in ghost chat regarding my Ops icon.

In either case I was punished without recourse for playing an antag round fairly and with a degree of competence. I was punished by another player's bug/incompetence during a very rare antag round that was wholly ruined for me and others. I was then blamed by said player whose actions directly spoiled my round. And finally I was punished by receiving insults and taunts directly from staff while I was trying to argue my case in a non-vulgar manner. 

And just one request from staff: I'd like to see the logs of Necaladun's last few replies to my ticket. Thanks.

Yes, that was #4.

What he said in ghost chat regarding it:

"No, Op 3 was in the locker, could't tell it was him, macrobomb on death got us."

"Because macrobomb activates on death, I thought he was a random civi hiding."

"Yeah, I didn't see it till you were dying"

"You abandoned your headset, should have grabbed a new syndikey"

To say the antag round was "wholly ruined" for you and others implies that the entire round was made unfun because you didn't win. I'm sure fun was had leading up to the point of friendly fire. Even if that caused your round to be wholly ruined, this still does not guarantee you an antag token.

The "man up" was sent by me in response to your continued complaining about this, and inability to accept that someone made a mistake causing your death. This is a button that exists in game for just such occurances.

PM log as follows:

Spoiler

[13:22:22]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): So others can learn from this.

[13:22:12]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): It's about making a statement.

[13:22:03]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Flip Pearson)->Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch): It will be denied.

[13:21:47]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): See you on the forum!

[13:21:30]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): Unforeseen bugs and/or glitches that cause a player to be removed from the round in some manner

[13:21:27]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Flip Pearson)->Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch): No token will be given

[13:21:26]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): You can check, he said it himself

[13:21:21]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): I can't save logs, my clirent froze up

[13:21:19]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Flip Pearson)->Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch): If he made a pattern of it, then there'd be a problem. If he had previously threatened to do it, then there'd be punishment. In this case, I'm willing to believe it was an honest mistake. And this is where I'll drop it. No antag will be token.

[13:21:15]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): He said it in ghost chat he couldn't see my ops icon

[13:20:02]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): That is exactly what happened? And what would warrant punishment/recourse from that, if this doesn't get any?

[13:19:33]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Necaladun)->Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch): Because you don't get an antag token for a mistake like that, especially when you've threatened to go and friendly fire other nukies and claim it's a mistake.

[13:19:05]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): It's not like we were two traitors and he didn't know

[13:18:54]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): So why wouldn't that warrant a token

[13:18:44]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Necaladun)->Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch): Yes.

[13:18:36]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): That is 2 more minutes I didn't get to play because of his actions

[13:18:20]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Necaladun)->Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch): Yes, for ~2 minutes more

[13:17:55]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): Me and the other guys who were killed were punished

[13:17:48]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): I gibbed, he went on to continue playing

[13:17:37]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Necaladun)->Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch): he died because of the macrobomb, yes - the injuries it caused fucked him and you up

[13:17:04]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): You -just- said he died from the macrobomb

[13:16:59]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Necaladun)->Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch): Yes, he appears to have been focusing on the fact his hand had been blown off

[13:16:43]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Necaladun)->Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch): a whole 2 more minutes

[13:16:19]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): And standing still in a maint tunnel and opening a locker = heated situation??

[13:15:52]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): He was the last op to die

[13:15:48]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): He survived and went on to continue playing

[13:15:36]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): Uh no he did not

[13:15:28]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Necaladun)->Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch): What recourse for mistake like that in a heated situation can I give? Mistakes a part of ss13, and part of the risk of macrobombs and the like - he also died because of the macrobomb

[13:14:26]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): I don't understand how there is no recourse of any sort for something like that

[13:14:03]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): All three of them were standing around

[13:13:55]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Necaladun)->Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch): Unless he didn't see you then.

[13:13:38]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): If I did not pop out to show ahead of time, that is an excuse. The waiting and me alerting them ahead of time is not.

[13:13:05]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): #1. I see my nukies come from the south in the hallway. #2 They come to a stop. I open my locker. #3 I let them see me, then close the locker. #4 The #4 op reopens locker, looks at me for 5 seconds, then shoots me point-blank.

[13:12:17]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Necaladun)->Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch): Someone who is injured and has been fighting numerous crew can be jumpy.

[13:10:21]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): If it was a bug and my ops icon was missing then that is a bug.

[13:10:10]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): Did he literally just say he was scared? If I walked into his line of sight, that is an accident. Opening a locker, staring at me, and blowing my head off is not.

[13:10:05]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Necaladun)->Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch): It has been noted, but unless it's a pattern they'll be given the benefit of the doubt.

[13:08:51]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): How is there no recourse for something like that???

[13:08:44]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): Dude. I was standing still, he looked at me for 5 fucking seconds, then blew my head off

[13:08:22]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Necaladun)->Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch): Accidents happen

[13:08:09]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): ???? What bomb?

[13:07:58]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Necaladun)->Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch): The fact he was surprised about the bomb and said it was one of yours and didn't realize.

[13:06:43]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): Relaying info about brig

[13:06:20]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): Knew I was in stealthy, courtesy showed myself out of the locker, syndie icon in full view

[13:06:05]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): What makes this one an accident?

[13:05:55]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Necaladun)->Anuv/(Anuv): If you do that, you'll be permabanned as it will be clearly not an accident.

[13:05:31]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): Okay so next nukie round I'll "accidentally" blow up a macrobombed teammate and kill everyone and it'll be okay?

[13:05:11]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Necaladun)->Anuv/(Anuv): No, you will not be receiving an antag token for that. That is not the kind of thing they are usually given for at all

[13:02:37]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): okay thread it is

[13:02:31]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Flip Pearson)->Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch): No, friendly fire does not mean you get an antag token

[13:02:25]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): he ruined the entire round due to his mistake

[13:02:16]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): that is a player error and should be valid for a token

[13:02:05]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): okay then I'll make a thread?

[13:01:58]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Flip Pearson)->Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch): not for an honest mistkae like that, no sorry

[13:01:45]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): can I at least get a token for that?

[13:01:35]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): then I hid again, then #4 reopened and blew my head off

[13:01:21]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): that is insane, I came out of my locker before they even came out

[13:01:02]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Flip Pearson)->Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch): basically startled him. He'd just been fighting heavily and was likely jumpy

[13:00:48]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): I had a key, I was relaying brig info from the maint tunnel

[13:00:40]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): he literally ruined the entire round from a TK, my icon was in clear view, they knew I was stealth

[13:00:06]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): dude how is that an accident. he point blank shot me with my syndie icon in full view

[12:59:48]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Flip Pearson)->Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch): yeah looking over it, it appears to be an accident

[12:57:19]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): like that was my first successful stealth syndie round in god knows how long and my macro bomb gibs 2 other dudes, I don't understand

[12:56:45]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): Then my macro bomb goes off and I gib like 2 other nukies

[12:56:36]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): Sorry then for the spam, I believe so. I was in a maint locker, they came near, I opened it then hid again. He reopens, waits 5 seconds, then blows my head off with a sniper rifle

[12:56:13]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Flip Pearson)->Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch): Sorr looking through logs atm, #4 you said?

[12:50:57]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): We were prepping???/

[12:50:51]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): I was standing still in a locker and he point black exploded my head???

[12:50:42]ADMIN: PM: Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch)->Necaladun/(Flip Pearson): ????????

[12:50:33]ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Flip Pearson)->Anuv/(Anuv Haifisch): indeed, seems to have been a clusterfuck

The icon can't be obscured and I'm pretty sure he specifically talked about it being bugged/missing. What about the ghost chat of him blaming me and accusing me of a lack of communication? I also had an Ops key and installed it in my science headset as soon as I was on station and was talking on it so I don't understand why he would say that.

And yes - it was made unfun because we weren't even given the option to win on an antag round because of another player's bug/mistake/ineptitude. We were gibbed full-stop. Why even have end objectives/goals for antags if it's all about "having fun" before being randomly denied the chance to succeed at an unknown point by some jabroni? At that point there *is* no point to an antag role. You may as well make all antag objectives be "have fun before something out of your control ends your round early" instead - or just remove antags entirely.

Those logs reflect everything here. There's nothing I'm trying to lie about. It's all the truth. I wasn't given any consideration in any regard even after #4 started taunting me in ghost chat. Just a "tough luck eat shit man up lol" response. You can only imagine how most players would react in the same situation.

I figured as much about the man up slight. What if I was a girl playing SS13 and had to put up with that? Wouldn't I have the right to be pretty upset about something as unnecessarily sexist as that? I don't care. But it was pretty ridiculous to see that on a server which tries to maintain some amount of decency.

Edited by Anuv

This is everything they have said in ghostchat since dying that round.

I do not see any proof here they intentionally killed you, talking about bugged or missing icons, or many of the things you say or imply.

Spoiler

[13:00:43]SAY: Ghost/ : I had the same mistake as Squashy

[12:59:40]SAY: Ghost/: You abandoned your headset, should have grabbed a new syndikey

[12:59:00]SAY: Ghost/: Yeah, I didn't see it till you were dying.

[12:58:45]SAY: Ghost/: War

[12:58:42]SAY: Ghost/: That's why you don't stealth on ware

[12:58:33]SAY: Ghost/: Yes

[12:58:12]SAY: Ghost/: Because macrobomb activates on death, I thought he was a random civi hiding.

[12:57:46]SAY: Ghost/: Sniper

[12:57:41]SAY: Ghost/: Four

[12:57:24]SAY: Ghost/: No, Op 3 was in the locker, couldn't tell it was him, macrobomb on death got us.

[12:56:36]SAY: Ghost/: Hi five for squashy!

[12:56:22]SAY: Ghost/: Was good.

[12:56:16]SAY: Ghost/: Op 1 was the good, I think he was a newbie, though.

[12:54:04]SAY: Ghost/: I knew it was you, Sterling, Czar?

[12:53:39]SAY: Ghost/: Took long enough to die.

As an additional, it should be noted that for some reason, there is no log of the sniper shot actually killing you, so time stamps aren't available; but I was following one of the Ops and whilst afk the incident happened, this being the relevant chat generated.

nukies explode.png

On 10/27/2017 at 11:52 PM, necaladun said:

This is everything they have said in ghostchat since dying that round.

I do not see any proof here they intentionally killed you, talking about bugged or missing icons, or many of the things you say or imply.

Reveal hidden contents

[13:00:43]SAY: Ghost/ : I had the same mistake as Squashy

[12:59:40]SAY: Ghost/: You abandoned your headset, should have grabbed a new syndikey

[12:59:00]SAY: Ghost/: Yeah, I didn't see it till you were dying.

[12:58:45]SAY: Ghost/: War

[12:58:42]SAY: Ghost/: That's why you don't stealth on ware

[12:58:33]SAY: Ghost/: Yes

[12:58:12]SAY: Ghost/: Because macrobomb activates on death, I thought he was a random civi hiding.

[12:57:46]SAY: Ghost/: Sniper

[12:57:41]SAY: Ghost/: Four

[12:57:24]SAY: Ghost/: No, Op 3 was in the locker, couldn't tell it was him, macrobomb on death got us.

[12:56:36]SAY: Ghost/: Hi five for squashy!

[12:56:22]SAY: Ghost/: Was good.

[12:56:16]SAY: Ghost/: Op 1 was the good, I think he was a newbie, though.

[12:54:04]SAY: Ghost/: I knew it was you, Sterling, Czar?

[12:53:39]SAY: Ghost/: Took long enough to die.

Then it must've been one of the other operatives (name started with an S?) who was doing the blaming/icon chatter, who I thought was #4, since in the ghost chat I couldn't tell who was who.

And that log does look to be correct, my head was exploded by the shot and the bomb went off.

Token or not, I just felt like it was handled in a fashion that didn't help an already ruined round.

The way the situation was handled was blunt, but not uncalled for, and many of the responses provided in the log show a bit of irritation on your end, as the recency of death in the round seemed to agitate you and resulted in your PMs coming off as a bit harsh. By the logs, the situation didn't warrant a token, and the only recourse possible really, with no note history and a high potential for actually being an accident, you still seemed very intent on something harsher, leading to a more blunt and straightforward response. 

It might not have helped the round get fixed up to your liking, but the primary objective of the adminhelp seemed to be getting you to understand how it looks on the logs and understand that it might be best to move on with things, as it seemed to be purely accidental, and when that didn't work, the discussion became more tense, and less understanding and personable. 

Was there anything else that seemed off in all of this, or just the grey area between accident and intent on this?

A bit of irritation that was focused on the situation, granted, but I imagine most players would've been much more livid. I was initially apologetic once it was announced as being handled before it was dismissed so readily. It just seems that things are handled in very subjective and loose terms on here with some minor things resulting in a permaban without question and other blatant issues being completely forgiven. 

I was warned that nothing would happen and I'd be denied but with ~300 people having seen this it may embolden them to make their own thread in the future if a similar situation arises. That's what I hoped to do.

There was also a Reddit thread with ~150 fairly shocking replies about the server that I was surprised to see after I posted this.

In my time here, you're the first person to have acted so livid and upset over a case of friendly fire. I wouldn't say that's how most players would have reacted at all.

As for the Reddit thread and our policy of permabans for other issues - I have no idea what relevance this has to this situation. 

Errant bullet FF happening, sure, I wouldn't mind that, but the same circumstances here? Can't imagine many players have faced a the same situation to test a claim.

And it was linked by someone who saw this thread and they mentioned it would be relevant to bring up. Not sure who/why.

I can think of two similar cases that I've personally dealt with, although in neither case did the person pop out of a locker.

When it comes to reddit threads, to be quite frank - I do not give a shit what's said about us on reddit by banned players who think it's acceptable to tell others to kill themselves. Whoever told you it would be relevant was likely trolling you, as there is absolutely no relevance here in the recent thread with "~150 shocking replies".