Buck's Guide to not Being an Atmos Scrub

Fj45

How do separators behave if there is a lot of pressure on the separation outlet?

(High pressure gas mix) => (nitrogen Separator)  =(outlet)=> Low pressure=> (Flow?)

=(N outlet)=> Very high pressure.

Will the very high pressure on the nitrogen configured outlet somehow "block" the throughput on the main outlet?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you have any other questions? Very happy to help.

In your setup, I'm really curious as to why there are so many scrubbers connected to the pipelines and why there are connectors that connect to pipes that connect to nothing smack in the middle (next to the scrubbers).

I still don't understand much.

Ah, ignore the connectors, just didn't have time to mess around with those. I might use those for pressure release if theres a huuuge fire and even my setup gets overwhelmed.

All the extra scrubbers are simply incase something happens to atmos, (like some ass opening the N20 cans up) that many scrubbers eat gas crazy fast.

Extra vents are also great as you can very rapidly refill rooms.

How do separators behave if there is a lot of pressure on the separation outlet?

(High pressure gas mix) => (nitrogen Separator)  =(outlet)=> Low pressure=> (Flow?)

=(N outlet)=> Very high pressure.

Will the very high pressure on the nitrogen configured outlet somehow "block" the throughput on the main outlet?

What? Do you mean filters?

So is the point of Atmospherics dealing with fires the quickest?

Or is it dealing with any toxins the quickest (CO2, Plasma, N2O)

---also---

If I were to supercool CO2/N2 to fight fires, how would I distribute this now supercooled air into an area with fires in it?

Well, atmospherics has many jobs, the very basic job of atmos is to just circulate good air and filter bad air.

Stopping fires is the biggest priority as fires can rapidly spread and will heat and pressurize the air, clogging atmos rapidly.

The filter system will be able to easily filter any toxins rapidly, along as atmos is setup properly and the loop isn't clogged from a fire.

Canisters. Only and best way unless you do some super complex pipe network. (And that would take hours to build on any major scale) If you tried to send that mix into the air distro loop it would come out of EVERY single vent on the station. A great way to kill plenty of people and get lynched.

I would recommend you find an "airlock," open the canister up inside that room and then open the door to the burning/hot room. If its still on fire start spraying down the room.

Fj45, he means if the filter second output (in his example a filter set to N2) is over the pressure set, will it stop any gas from flowing out the first output (because it contains N2)?

I'm going to assume yes, but this could be tested ingame with a few canisters.

"into the filters"?

If you are talking about the inlet pressure, then that is not what I asked.

The filter component has two outlets:

* One for the particular gas that the filter is configured for. (Let us call it "N2 outlet" in this case)

* One for the remaining gas.

I was asking what happens if the N2 outlet section has high pressure. Will it "block" the filter component as a whole and thus also stop gas from going from inlet to "remainder outlet"?

Though I have my opinion about how it should behave, this pretty much comes down to how it is coded.

This is probably a dumb question, but it most pictures all of the gas pumps are off. I'm supposed to turn all of them on, right? I turned them on this round and it looks like Gas Cooling is clogging...

--also--

Are all the valves supposed to be open (The valves that lead to each Gas)

Could you be more specific about what pumps you are talking about? Possibly use some pictures?

I'll list the pipes and valves, tell me which ones should be on

(valves are listed with VALVE at the end)

Distro to Waste

Mix to Distro

Pure to mix

Air to mix

unfiltered to mix

Gas mix outlet valve

Gas mix inlet valve

Air to port

Pure to port

N2O to outlet valve

N2O to pure

Plasma to pure

Plasma outlet valve

CO2 to pure

CO2 outlet valve

N2 To pure

O2 to pure

Nitrogen outlet valve

Oxygen outlet valve

Mixed outlet air valve

0OLvk9h.png

Or just circle which ones should be on in Paint or something?

Paint would be best really. W

Why do you have the waste going into two OXYGEN canisters? I can't see any reason to have them as the loop is working fine and the oxygen canisters would fill with whatever nasty gasses were in the loop.

I actually cool the oxygen down while I'm working on the rest of atmos, when I have the waste pipe turned off. I just photoshopped the pipes to the O2 tanks being on so I would remember.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use