Buck's Guide to not Being an Atmos Scrub

Fj45

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By complex I mean how long it is and how junctions there are. It isn't like the pipe layout is open like most of atmos. It would be easy to mess up but hard to find. Anyway, still a very long pipe system for something the coolers can do.

Compared to your setup that completely re-routes all of atmos into the coolant system. My setup is pretty straight forward. Excluding redesigning the mixing room there is one single length of pipe going under the floor to the output valve on the space radiators. Then the radiator gets extended to feed into the mixing tank. There is nothing complex about that. The mixing room itself is straight forward once you gut it of all the extra pipes.

From intake to filters the gas has to go quite some distance. And I still maintain it is overly complex for something the coolers can already easily do. How is my setup in anyway complex? You have to turn a couple of valves and that's it. Sure, you can tear half of it apart but all that does it make sabotage harder and give you more room.

But once the atmos system is jammed it's jammed. You have no alterative option. You have just the coolant system and that's it. The station will suffer because heavy dense gases are in the scrubber network backlogged whilst the coolers struggle to handle the gases.

True, adding a relief valve after the coolers that leads to the space loop might be a good project. I wish we had relief valves that open at a customisable pressure.

Got to test my setup in a fire this round. Worked perfect no backlog and coolers were able to easily handle the incoming gas to feed it straight into the filtering system as the tank regulated the flow.

The Fire was in arrivals, spread to the port corridor and part of the central corridor. Drained all the systems and the tank hit a peak of 4000kpa as I was venting it at 1000kpa/s and injecting at 50 l/s. So if I wasn't emptying it it probably would've hit a peak of around 10000 kpa. The worst part of the whole section was the heat exchangers which built up a pressure of 4800 kpa at 200 degrees. The coolers were easily able to lower to normal temperture and I pumped out of them at 500kpa with no impact on normal atmos.

I could, but the idea about valves is YOU have to check them in case of tampering. Adding a notification when pressure is reached changes the ball game completely.

I think this is the best setup I've done yet.

http://imgur.com/8Hl0eDN

Only thing missing here that I can see are two valves on two of the connector ports to completely empty/fill canisters. Looks smart.

I think this is the best setup I've done yet.

http://imgur.com/8Hl0eDN

Only thing missing here that I can see are two valves on two of the connector ports to completely empty/fill canisters. Looks smart.

Actually, conector to the left of the connector does that and each dedicate gas flow can completely fill containers. To be honest with the setup I have there I can completely remove the connectors ports completely to open that area up to something else. What, I'm not sure.

Maybe I could really fancy remove the direct connection to the coolers and have a connector for each type of gas.

Don't like having any of the non-airmix lines with connectors, never in a hundred years will you need gas from them to do anything legitimate.

Yeah that's why I have the seperated cooler just in case.

• 1 month later...

This guide really helped me. I set up the O2 cooling system first. In future rounds I may try replicating other people's setup until I really get the feel of what Atmos is and try to go advanced. I really thought that if I changed one of the pipes I might drain the Oxygen or something at first.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use