Admin Complaint: Spacemanspark

Geramblin

Admin Key: Spacemanspark

Your Discord name (if applicable): Helios1

Complaint: Action unbecoming of an admin. This complaint is similar to the one I levied against purplegenie56 for unbecoming communication from an admin. Like my complaint with purplegenie56, spacemanspark's way of communicating was arrogant and hostile. I had no idea sending a thorough response was frowned upon instead of something half-baked. I also believe it was unnecessary to change text formats in ahelps (lets not make giant walls of text ok) and believe it was done out of arrogance. This occured on 10/12/17 around 5 PM EST.

PM from-Game AdminSpacemanspark: Chill out a bit, or I will chill you out.

-- Click the Game Admin's name to reply --

Adminhelp from-Game AdminSpacemanspark:

Let's not make giant walls of text ok

Adminhelp to-Spacemanspark: I had to gather up a suitable response that would actually help to argue my point. I'm sorry I could not make it more concise

Adminhelp from-Game AdminSpacemanspark: You're trying to talk to an admin that logged out a few minutes ago. Take it to PMs, what Tully told you is final. If you wish to continue it, use the forums or, again, PMs. Don't send us a giant block of text when we've told you about thirty times that your arguments are flawed, it literally changes nothing.

SparkE1.PNG

• Like 1

The first one about you chilling out was sent well prior to the wall of text adminhelp you sent, and it was while you were berating one of our admins, Fethas, who had been given some incorrect information regarding something you'd stated, which they apologized to you for.

Also, omitting pieces from the conversation doesn't really do you any favors:

[17:08:12]ADMIN: Adminhelp: Helios1: You are straw manning me with the "harbinger of logic in the conversation". Im a fucking player Tully, I am definitely not the harbinger of logic when I dont have access to all the facts or perspectives. The only things I had to go on with the information I had was that the NT rep was the one who instigated my demotion without the proper steps. And we could do without the "Others would've banned you long before this point in the conversation. I'm giving you the ability to quit while you're ahead and chalk this up to a learning experience." Yes I do appreciate the fact you can handle an argument without having to resort to an  action like banning someone outright. But no, I dont need you holding it to me like a gun over my head. All that little bit of text tells me is that other admins would be happy to not talk things out and would rather ban people because they simply dont want to talk things through. Yes, I said "What the fuck" because I am frustrated and the admin brought up something that had nothing to 
[17:08:43]ADMIN: PM: Spacemanspark->Helios1: <h1>Let's not make giant walls of text ok</h1>
[17:09:02]ADMIN: PM: Helios1->Spacemanspark: I&#39;m trying to talk to tully spark, could you stop trying to instigate
[17:09:58]ADMIN: PM: Helios1->Spacemanspark: I had to gather up a suitable response that would actually help to argue my point. I&#39;m sorry I could not make it more concise
[17:09:58]ADMIN: PM: Spacemanspark->Helios1: You're trying to talk to an admin that logged out a few minutes ago. Take it to PMs, what Tully told you is final. If you wish to continue it, use the forums or, again, PMs. Don't send us a giant block of text when we've told you about thirty times that your arguments are flawed, it literally changes nothing.

I'm having trouble understanding what this complaint is really about. It appears no administrative actions were taken apart from spark telling you to chill out, which seems appropriate as you seem worked up from the tone and quantity of your responses.

Larger fonts are often used to get attention or add emphasis, which is especially useful when there are large amounts of text on screen.

Again, I'm unsure of what exactly the problem is here or what harm was caused that would require any form of action against spark. Am I missing some context?

• 2 weeks later...

@Geramblin

It has been over a week with no responses with context or additional clarification.

As I see nothing wrong with what was in the original post, this will be closed in 24 hours from now if nothing else is provided.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use