Complaint against Saul Argon

spheretech

Admin Key: Saul Argon

Commplaint:  Hey there. First I wanna say I wouldn't be making this complaint if I didn't think it was necessary. Saul didn't want to further elaborate why I was in the wrong so I was forced to take this here. Anyway, heres what happend:

I'm playing as Tyrone Biggs, an obese black guy with no shirt. I get the HOP to make me a bar bouncer with bar access and the bartender agrees. So I'm working for the bartender. As I'm rearranging the furniture off screen I hear the bartender yell for help multiple times over radio so I head over there to see what the hells going on. He tells me I should show Moody (Moody being a guy that'll climb over the table later and contribute to the clusterfuck) why he shouldn't mess with him, but as this is happening, this Ivan guy, a dwarf geneticist just runs over the tables. 

p9106Ja.png

So I grab Ivan and put him on the table so he can get out of the bartenders area. I tell him to get out but he just runs back in and goes into the bartenders backroom. I tell him again, "I'M GONNA WHOOP YOUR ASS" "ONE WARNING" but he refuses to go out still. I think the bartender shooting him at this point.

7Up7dY1.png

In the picture above you can see the bartender scratching Ivan, and then I hit him in the chest once with my bat, and pull-click him out into bar maintenance. We go out of the backroom and 2 more people have climbed over the bar so I tell them "EVERYONE OUT". The bartender again attempts to shoot them. Moving on to next picture.

rAk8WCN.png

I believe Ivan then again goes over the table but also engulfs me in a cloud of fine crystals? Didn't notice this but I'm guessing it's a genetics thing. I continue trying to get these 3 people out of the bar saying "GET OUT". The bartender has called for security by now. I start disarming Andre, one of the people inside, in attempt to get him out. Ivan then starts disarming me back. Next picture.

lZKjn1P.png

Bartender accidentally shoots me here, so I believe the sec officer Steven Stingray now thinks I am one of the greytiders. I'm trying to grab n table one of the guys out again.

ZZXZ1aX.png

I suddenly get tabled by someone, unaware it's an officer. I tell him (Steven Stingray) that I work here but he starts punching me.

x0hfQXj.png

He attempts to table me again but I table him back and punch back 4 times. He gets up and batons me.

zkmoLGK.png

(The random healing is a nice doc helping me out so thats probably why I didn't feel Ivan's freeze thingy.) Bartender tries telling him I work here. At this point I was really confused, no idea why he was taking me and not the greytiders. Steven then cuffs me and takes me to the brig. While I was on the table Saul Argon messages me. I didn't wanna screenshot that much so I didn't grab our conversation but you can look for it if you want. 

So Saul begins telling me I shouldn't have done that, excessive force and whatnot. He says the bat does a lot of damage and that I should've waited for security. The bat does 10 damage, same damage as a fire extinguisher (I looked at the code). I hit Ivan with the bat ONCE, but that was after he refused to leave even after being told repeatedly and thrown out. Obviously I'm gonna do my bloody job as a bouncer and get the guy out. I'm not gonna let him ransack through the bartenders backroom and take what he wants. He also said that I shouldn't have punched that much. I was punching an armored officer (I didn't know in the chaos at the time) so it's really minimal damage for him.

"Minor assault and fistfights are acceptable, assuming that both players have a reasonable justification as to why the fight started. Assault without any provocation or warning is strictly disallowed under a majority of circumstances"

As you can see from the logs, he obviously tabled and punched me first, so I defended myself. Out of all this, somehow, Saul Argon thought that I was in the wrong and refused to hear what actually happened, and gave me a formal warning instead. This kinda outraged me because I have literally been maimed and killed before by people in the bar via IC escalation and told that it's a sec/IC issue, and that I should've done the same to them. He was so set on seeing me as the excessive bad greytider here that he just wouldn't hear otherwise, and not the truth, which is me just doing my job as a bouncer, defending the bar and the bartender after a horde of greytiders refuses to leave the back of the bar. When words don't work and sec doesn't show up quick enough you just have to do something before your everything is robbed. Just from this I can see a flaw as an admin, hell I'd be curious to know if he talked to the people that actually started the conflict. 

I am a retired Yogstation primary admin and a retired CM mod, if it contributes anything to the fact that I'm well aware of how cases should be handled and that he didn't handle this one properly. Although it's just a warning, I firmly believe this was a proper IC escalation with security involved afterwards that did not warrant any kind of OOC punishment. Considering that Saul is a trial admin I thought this may also be helpful in determining if hes fit for the job. Sorry about the wall of text and pictures but it was necessary!

Edited by spheretech
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

HI Tyrone and admins, I want to use this space to say something, I am Steven Stingray and I was the only officer who showed up in that situation, he is rights saying I did tough he was the criminal because the bartender shooted him when I got there, plus the genetic guy was on the floor at the time. About my punch, it was a hotkey error where I pressed 4 instead of 1 to change to help intent in the heat of the moment and I punches him one time, where he answered with several punch (4 if I remember exactly) after that I took him to the brig and after talking with him I apologized with him for the punch, he did the same and told the warden it was a misunderstanding so we should let him go, but the warden insisted to brig hin anyway. 

Hello,

I was the bartender during this situattion. 

To be quite frank I was being lynched for charging for drinks (As in being stun proded etc, being stripped etc) So I had to get someome to make sure I was not lynched agian. To be quite frank IC my character was super scread he was going to be hurt badly. Tyrone only hit the person who lynched me once with a bat which causes 10 damage. To be quite frank lynching should not have been done all because I was charging for drinks. It was a extermelrly redicuylous situtation which should have never occured.

IE DONT lynch because of drinks. 

• 2 weeks later...

As discussed with original complainant via Discord DMs, the situation has been resolved and will be taken into account regarding Saul Argon's Trialminship.

As noted, filing to Resolved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use