Wh40k Black crusade RP interest gauge

Regen

What is says on the tin, I'm gathering interest from the paradise community (and anyone outside as well) for a roleplaying game called Black Crusade.

For those of you that do not know, black crusade is based on the Warhammer 40k universe, you play as traitors of humanity, as you balance the fine art of your infamy and corruption.
I'll be providing some links, as well as a link to the PDF of the rules book, should you be interested.

The main difference between black crusade and the famous Dungeons and Dragons is that instead of a d20 system, we use a d100.
A quick example, you make a strength test, you have a strength of 40, and you get a +10 modifier. You then roll a 1d100, if the die is 50 or below you pass the test, for every ten you pass the test with you'll gain one degree of success.
So if you roll 40, you pass the test with one degree of success.

We will be using roll20 to carry out our rolls and chatter, we'll be using text to voice our characters, this is to not make having a mic a requirement, and I've heard that it does open for better RP in some cases, this will be my first time using text instead of voice, so it'll be a fun experiment.

Personally I've been playing black crusade with my group of friends for about 2 and a half years, so I know the rules fairly well, this will be my first time GMing though, so be warned that most of us will be beginners, I do however have experience in DMing DnD, so I'm not completely new to the concept.

If you have any questions, feel free to post here or shoot me a PM here on in Discord, hopefully we can make something work and get a small campaign together!

Core rulebook: http://wh40klib.ru/rpg/Black Crusade/Black Crusade Rulebook.pdf (Pretty big download)

Fantasy flight games page: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/black-crusade/

Edit: Discord https://discord.gg/BrpsHW5

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, James5734 said:

How much fluff is in this rulebook?!

What do you mean fluff, it's a RP game, so it's really up to you, but usually you choose between being humans and space marines, and everyone starts unaligned

Just now, Rumiluntti said:

some additional lore and fluff, the book lacks essential info that reading this entire site can grant you.

Lexicanum

Beware the temptations of Tzeentch when absorbing this knowledge

If you want to get into the wh40k universe this is a really good site to learn at, yep.

I started BC without knowing anything, and you quickly start to pick up on it

Well, I will love to play but >.>  i cant just get the hang of how they speak yet, and i'm a slow ass typer

but if you want to take i will be glad to join you guys

And oh to player that don't Play D&D or anything like this, THERE A ton of Fluffy mess to catch up on to even get the full story and see how vast and wide and you will need Pure Imagination to see the world that will unfold in front of you...

Edited by Holyass

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use