New antagonist: Syndicate Operator

Bxil

You are the Syndicate Operator, a high ranking Syndicate agent sent to aid operatives! Remember that you were supposed to only influence from the shadows!

1. Find 3 operatives.
  2. Ensure that each one of them has at least 1 completed objective. 'Die a glorious death' and 'escape alive and free' do not count.
  3. Escape on the shuttle alive and free.

Details:

• Has no uplink.
  • Receives a randomly generated code which he can use to distribute TC.
  • Starts with: agent ID card, chameleon clothes, 2 syndicate encryption keys (reduntant to give one to an operative for free or in case he loses the other one), voice synthetizer, DNA Scrambler.
  • An operative counts 'found' when the Operator sends a single PDA message to the operative's PDA containing a code.
  • This does nothing to a normal PDA other than sending a message.
  • If the PDA has an uplink then it will receive 10 extra TC. This will also alter the message into this: "(Unknown / ?Spam) A Syndicate Operator has found you and gave you 10 TC." The AI does not receive this as spam. The Operator also receives an extra message, saying: "10 TC uploaded to target's uplink!"
  • Cannot send more than 30TC.
  • In order to complete objective no. 1 the operator must send the code to 3 syndicate operatives.
  • While objective 2 sounds weird at first it shows that this character was supposed to aid other Syndicate agents and is not a real traitor himself. For example you are not well armed normally, and your first operative is in permabrig. You must do something to make them have at least one completed objective. Find another agent and in exchange for TC have them free your other operative (if you do not know their objective) OR have them finish his objectives (if you do know his objectives).

Thoughts?

• Like 2
  • fastparrot 1
  • explodyparrot 1

I quite like the idea. Operator is too close to operative, might wanna go with handler or the like.

I'd have extra high priority on not getting caught and being subtle. Maybe have the chance for other agents to get a bonus for meeting them in person.

I'd also maybe change the pda message bit to avoid them being found out too easily.

The tc amount seems a little high too.

• Like 1

Sounds interesting but maybe a bit too easy. I assume they'd know the code words? It'd be wierd if the syndicate specifically deployed them to help agents without at least the code words. And traitors would actively seek them out for that extra TC.

Syndicate Sleeper Agent ?

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use