Cyberneticist: I asked for this

Ziiro

I know the admins have talked about this in the past, so I figured I would throw out my own thoughts: With the advent of augmentations being added to the game after already being overburdened as the medbay for a portion of the crew (See: IPCs, Silicons and people with prosthetic.) It's time for a division:

Roboticst:

• Bots like Beepskys and Cleanbots
  • Mechs
  • Silicons Management, repair. (Borging)

Cyberneticist:

• Prosthetic limb installation and Maintenance
  • Augmentation Installation
  • All Implant management
  • IPC Maintenance and recovery

With these in mind, here's what a cyberneticist needs:

• A Protolathe with research console to print implants. (Robotics can have access to this one, instead of having to build their own or requiring extra access for R&D's)
  • An Exosuit Fabricator to print limbs and implants (Remove one of them from robotics)
  • A Cyborg Analyzer and Medical Scanner
  • A Surgery Table with computer, anesthetic, spray cleaner, gloves.
  • A bag of surgery tools
  • A standard stocked toolbelt
  • A welding fuel tank and lots of cable coil

Standard Operating Procedure:

• Repair IPCs that are placed before you. Triage based on damage if overwhelmed. "Do they actually need my help (Component damage?), or are they just being lazy?"
  • Give prosthetic replacements for anyone missing a limb that needs one. If it's an optional surgery (CUT MY ARM OFF AND REPLACE IT) then take stock of resources first.
  • Use anesthetic for anything more in depth than prosthetic application. Augmentations and implants are serious.
  • Augmented Limbs for Security, Command, and Mining only.
  • Implants are doled out based on appropriate usage. Engineers get Welding Shield and Toolset arms. Security gets SecHud and Xray.
  • Assistants have no appropriate usage for anything. Do not give implants or augmentations to Assistants.

Additional notes:

• Though the shop would, like most other science departments, benefit from an Autolathe and chem boards, they can build that themselves.
  • A YouTool machine would probably do some good to be added in Robotics or Cybernetics.
  • In times of crisis, Robotics and Cybernetics obviously have some cross pollination. Are there a bunch of borgs needing repair and replacement components? Are there a lot of dead IPCs? Distribute the work.
  • Access between the roles would be identical.
  • There is one item I'd like to be made available to traitor cyberneticists, and that would be the cyber-implanted E-sword or Combat Module (that contains Esword, stunbaton, flash, and Medibeam.). The problem with this however is you would have to have someone else implant it. Which is.. questionable. The hardlight blade can also acts as an emag and can break down non-reinforced walls. 
Edited by Ziiro
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Ziiro said:

The problem with this however is you would have to have someone else implant it. Which is.. questionable.

You could do the nukie way, get an auto implanter with it. Might need to make it single use, to avoid them buying one implant, and implanting the rest of the implants with it. The combat module does sound more like something for nukies also, what do you want with a medibeam, and given the costs nukies have for an esword and medibeam gun alone, would probably even costs all the TCs of the traitor. If the Esword part of the combat module also has the emag capabilities, it sure will be to strong/costly for a syndicate agent.

The combo pack is totally a nukie thing, now that I think about it. I figure that the pure Esword one would be incredibly costly. Since it actually has the damage of a chainsaw (I think). combined with an emag. So 13+6, without even factoring in the fact it can't be taken away from you short of cutting off your arm.

I mean it's probably a 20 on that alone, but it's still a melee weapon and an emag. So maybe 18. (Enough to get a syndicate key!)

Then again. Still just stunbaton or taser to take you down. Henk.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use