Magistrate Stamp

Lurapa

Hello all,

Suggestion: Provide the Magistrate with his own Stamp.

Reason: A good Magistrate is someone that dabbles in the realm of Bureaucracy a lot. All of their forms either require their signature, a stamp, or both. The Magistrate performs paperwork on the level of a Captain - the Captain has their own stamp. A stamp is the second line of defense, and authentication to fake paperwork. The stamp holds the same authority as an IAA; whereas the Magistrate's signature holds authority over enforcing Space Law. There are three stamps in-game that are used in the Magistrate's paperwork, two in IAA and one in the Magistrate's office. 

Optionally there could just be a change to the IAA's stamp, and the Magistrate keeps the law stamp. I am not fussed, and it's not that big of a deal, but, it's a quality of life thing I'd really appreciate - and i'm sure other Magistrate would as well.

Here is a joke screenshot:

[Joke Screenshot]

Edited by Lurapa

My gripe is that the Chief Engineer; Chief Medical Officer; Head of Security; Head of Personnel, and Captain all have their own personal stamp that creates their own personal logo at the bottom of a piece of paperwork. The Magistrate DOES have a stamp to use, ergo the Justice Department Stamp - but, it's also used by IAA and Lawyers. And produces the, 'Department of Justice' logo at the bottom, rather than 'Magistrate' or, 'Head of Department of Justice'. It's a small gripe, and I can understand if its a waste of resources and manpower to approve and add into the game... BUT - it would be a neat quality of play, addition. 

sidenote: Coroner should get a stamp, yeah. Anything that requires the occasional bureaucracy should get a stamp. 

(Although, I feel like signatures cover a lot of the bases since there is no Chameleon Pen, that copies signatures)

I can totally see modifying the stamps in the respective offices in that the IAA stamps include Internal Affairs at the bottom of the stamp image, and Magistrate at the bottom of the Mag's. Seems like a simple image fix to give the justice dep stamps some more individuality. 

• Like 1

I believe this is a cool idea if someone is willing to make the image for it. This won't make the power of the magistrate any more or less effective. The Justice Department has a lot of power of being able to explain the situation to central command about what is going on at the station with just the stamp they currently have right now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lurapa said:

(Although, I feel like signatures cover a lot of the bases since there is no Chameleon Pen, that copies signatures)

Couldn't you just write their name in italics?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chronarch said:

Couldn't you just write their name in italics?

That might fool some people, but there's a difference between italicized text and signatures.

• Like 1

Just now, Valkyrie said:

That might fool some people, but there's a difference between italicized text and signatures.

Huh, the more you know

• Like 1

While signatures are THE way to prove it's actually your paper, a fancy-pansy stamp would be great, if not for usefulness, for the feeling of importance.

A paper covered in magistrate stamps that says you are sectenced to attend to the clown's ballet show for being mean? fuck

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use