A couple of Detective suggestions

Dogar

I think it'd make sense if they started with sec huds.  I know it isn't their primary job to chase criminals, but it'd help if they were another set of eyes who could spot criminals and dispatch sec to their location.

Also, access to the sec channel on the bounced radio would be nice too.  Detectives patrol the station a lot and it'd make sense if they could scream bloody murder over the radio when/if they get jumped in maint.

Also, I think it would be nice if Detectives had more leeway in performing arrests.  The fact of the matter is that Detectives usually have long stretches of time where there just isn't anything that needs scanning, whereas there's almost always some jackass committing crimes and stuff.  Obviously scanning is the detectives primary job, but it doesn't make sense for detective to be doing jack shit while the station is falling apart.

Edited by Dogar
  • Like 1

By the way, why not? I always thought that detective is a rise for an officer(. His office is in brig, he is implanted, so... he has different duties, yes, but knowing if a person in science labcoat and advanced magboots is wanted or not will define your tactics in conversation. After all, it is just unsafe for someone wearing sec headset and brig access id to walk around almost blind.

Edited by McRamon
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, McRamon said:

By the way, why not? I always thought that detective is a rise for an officer(. His office is in brig, he is implanted, so... he has different duties, yes, but knowing if a person in science labcoat and advanced magboots is wanted or not will define your tactics in conversation. After all, it is just unsafe for someone wearing sec headset and brig access id to walk around almost blind.

The detective is not a security officer, they are a resource security can draw on much like the IAA.

secHUD I could see as being needed for setting people to a suspect role if they're running off from a scene. I could definitely see and want radios to be enabled with the security channel, but arrests are probably going to lead to a bit more trouble than they're worth, as that's not the role of the detective at ll, really.

14 hours ago, Rumiluntti said:

Detective is not a sec officer.

This is true.  It's also true that rl firefighters aren't paramedics, but that doesn't change the fact that firefighters still respond to medical emergencies, due to the fact that there are much more medical emergencies than fires in most cities, and firefighters are often used to help relieve the burden on paramedics.  Replace "Firefighter" with "Detective" and "Paramedic" with "Security Officer", and the same principle applies to Paradise Station.

Edited by Dogar
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use