Fiber Garrote Wire fixing suggestion

bigfatbananacyclops

From what i've seen.. the fiber wire is just a bunch load of waste, of TC. noone even uses it, rarely used. I tried it out to see how good it is.

It costs 12 TC, more than the half.

Its a stealth weapon.

When i was playing i was using my fiber on a player named ''Sam Aria'', she managed to resist out of the wire and push me, which is really dissapointing, Resisting out of the wire shouldn't be a thing.

The price for the fiber wire is very high.

It should be around 6-8 TC.

It says its a stealth weapon but i dont think it is.

When you use the wire on someone it makes that sound when you cable restraint someone. and its LOUD. people can just think someone bad is there and that proves that isn't not stealthy at all.

It either needs the sound removed or a less louder sound.

• Like 2

The Resist on a a choke hold is surely a bug. Never used it but its supposed to kill/choke hold your victim and supress any form of communication (except Telepathy) they can pull off. Havent heard that it makes the noise... but it seems very underwhelming for 12 TC especially since people might be able to resist out of it while a normal grab with kill intent (hard to pull off) cannot be resisted. Its really shitty...

It makes a noise to the user when it's wielded in both hands, and you are also NOT supposed to be able to resist out of it. Don't know what the circumstances around that are. In my eyes it's pretty much the best stealth weapon, though admittedly I think it's a bit overpriced. It's an instant aggressive grab they cannot be removed from, rapidly chokes them out and mutes them (Including screaming) and is reusable, but at the same time is a very circumstantial weapon.

I actually think what happened there was I shoved you on the same tick that you grabbed me, as I saw you coming at me with the wire in hand before you actually caught me with it and I was frantically trying to disarm click you. Either that or you didn't upgrade to kill in time - you can resist out of aggressive grabs with luck - and since that's all the garrotte does, puts an automatic aggressive grab on, It would be resistable purely for that - but not kill grabs. Maybe it was lag or something, I dunno.

I agree though it needs a price reduction, why would you use 12tc for a wire garrotte when you could get the incredibly powerful holoparasites or energy crossbow for the same price? Tator uplink items are well overdue a rework imo.

Edited by Hylocereus

The garrote is junk. You CAN resist out of it if they get the grab elevated before you resist.

I believe yellow and red grabs are not resistible.

Edited by Anticept

Aggressive grab is resistable I think. The Neckgrab (red grab) is not normally. The fiberwire garrot is supposed to apply a neck grab (red grab) which can be instantly reinforced to a choke grab (red flashing grab). The cheaper homemade version provides an aggresive grab (blue grab) which can instantly be reinforced to a neckgrab (red grab) without the muting gimmick.

Either way, this item is very overpriced considering you need your target in complete isolation and it takes about 20 full seconds to suffocate it. If you have to kill a scientist... chances are you are found when using it. However for targets like the Chaplin or Psychartrist this item is *drops a carving* very good.

Edited by EldritchSigma

9 hours ago, Hylocereus said:

I actually think what happened there was I shoved you on the same tick that you grabbed me, as I saw you coming at me with the wire in hand before you actually caught me with it and I was frantically trying to disarm click you. Either that or you didn't upgrade to kill in time - you can resist out of aggressive grabs with luck - and since that's all the garrotte does, puts an automatic aggressive grab on, It would be resistable purely for that - but not kill grabs. Maybe it was lag or something, I dunno.

I agree though it needs a price reduction, why would you use 12tc for a wire garrotte when you could get the incredibly powerful holoparasites or energy crossbow for the same price? Tator uplink items are well overdue a rework imo.

AFAIK it's a bug in its implementation.

The garotte wire is supposed to automatically go to the kill strangle and be unresistable if someone catches you with it from behind. It shouldn't make a noise to other players, either. The downside to a silent kill weapon such as it is the time it takes to actually strangle someone to death, and the proximity you have to be in to use it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use