Change of the ' wanted issue' system

Landerlow

As you all know, (or not) the security newscasters can be used to publish wanted issues. I have a few issues with these issues, mainly because well, the feature is barely used because no one pays attention to it or does not know it exists.

I would like to suggest the following changes:

1) Ability to have multiple wanted issues up at the same time.

2) Ability to re-broadcast the same issue(s), like some kind of reminder system for the station crew. (Currently you will have to take down the issue and recreate it to have the warning displayed/heard from newscasters). An automated reminder/broadcast repeat every minute or so would also not be amiss. 

3) The possibility of offering a reward, or recognition of some kind. 

^^^--> Security is often understaffed and immensely busy and let's face it: Non-security crew often know more about the underworld of the station. To ensure increased safety and safe apprehension of lawbreakers, incentives could be offered for people providing helpful information, exact locations or other useful things. This could also apply to voluntarily handing in contraband items. It would be nice if the player who hands in an item gets something in return, this will also give them less incentive to use the contraband item rather than handing it in.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ZN23X said:

I've been working security for eons and didn't know this security newscaster existed.

Exactly. All newscasters in the brig are security newscasters. And the one in the HoP office, I think. And perhaps the bridge, I'm not sure.

Yeah well, so a lot of the offices have one, but they are barely used. And their use could be improved, that is what this topic is about. What are your thoughts on that?

Maybe make it so if someone is near one that it will span the text nice a bold to get peoples attention? If a wanted issue is ordered.

Edited by Jovaniph

I've been planning on porting tg's wanted posters, the ones you can print from record consoles, would at least get a little more use and be somewhat fun.

I agree with these changes though, having only one wanted notice up at a time is a bit restrictive.

I very rarely use newscasters, a crime considering how cool they are. I approve all three proposed changes, let's spread some FAKE NEWS.

Wanted posters are pretty good too, I enjoy using them on goon, but not really for legitimate purposes. On goon, security is allowed to punish people by dropping two or three flashbangs on their face, so the standard they're held to is nothing like what we have here. I usually use wanted posters to get vigilantes to beat up nerds in exchange for cash. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use