Let ghosts with AntagHUD see antag objectives

ProperPants

Ghosts with antagHUD on can see the AI's laws, including freeform, ion, and emag laws. Because this code already exists, I think it would be relatively easy  to allow ghosts with antagHUD on to view the objectives of the cult, traitors, changelings, etc.

I don't foresee this having a negative impact on a round because using metainfo learned while dead is not allowed.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I agree, the fact there is no way to join the game is enough to at least be able to read the objectives, they can add some rule where you can't share the objectives unless it's hijack 

42 minutes ago, ZN23X said:

Where's the mystery then? :ph34r:

The mystery is not turning on antagHUD, detective. You gotta sleuth who they are and what they want if you want a challenge. :^)

• Like 1

Here's the problem:

Ghost A activates AntagHUD. He sees that an antag has to kill a particular crew member.

A security officer dies and becomes ghost B. He is only dead for 3 minutes, though, before getting defribbed by the brig phys.

During that three minutes, Ghost A makes an offhand comment about the objective.  Now the sec officer ghost B has meta knowledge when he returns to the game that even if he doesn't attempt to use to his advantage directly, will still create bias.

The same sort of scenario exists with antagHUD as it exists now, all it takes is someone casually mentioning who is an antag, but we don't need to create something else the admins need to police.

How about disabling deadchat for people that turn on antagHUD? Like how it warns you can't respawn, it can also warn you that deadchat will be disabled.

Regarding complaints about IC knowledge, that happens without antagHUD and it happens all the time. Anything goes in deadchat. I doubt this change would significantly affect that.

we don't need to create something else the admins need to police.

When's the last time admins policed deadchat over someone talking about antags or their objectives?

Using knowledge gained whilst you're dead after you get revived is not permitted, talking about objectives and stuff is fine in deadchat, even people talking about the objectives they had and such. The only issue is using this knowledge IC when you have no way of knowing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use