Random character for antags

ZN23X

6 hours ago, James5734 said:

You mean..,. not all characters are special snowflakes?

Not all players are as interested in creating a character or social interactions.

• Like 1

Well. I agree with your idea, I disagree with the idea of "if X person is not Y role they are an antag!" because that's meta-gaming.

But yeah, having the option to make it so you can be a random person when you roll antag would be nice, I know a few people IC who could benefit from it, and I even have a few characters running right now who would not be antags. (Exception is, of course, blob, wizard, and nuke op since those antag rolls are generally accepted as other entites all together, except maybe nuke op, cause if you play as a human it IS possible.)

Same here. Everyone is always thinking that Sergey's is up to some shit, because of his "special-snowflake persona" and always getting watched. Besides, it's ruining kind of RP or you'll get into "sticky" situation, when you've to kill your own friend or ex.

So if any of my characters are not in command or security, there is a 100% chance they are an antag.

It works both ways.

• Like 1

I mean, having to kill your IC friend/wife/husband/ex is /great/ for RP.  Because you can interact and not do it wordlessly. Make up some context. "You know how I said I sorted the money problems we had? Yeah it isn't handled and They want me to do this..." blah blah. Sometimes having an established character do criminal things is good.

• Like 2

I like that idea @Sothangel. IC Tetra hates the Syndicate, but that doesn't mean they can't hold her brother hostage to force her to do something. I may have to turn traitor on now.

Now to find a way to explain being a vampire or sling.

Edited by ZN23X

Vampire is easy, its a "different soul" but they retain all the memories and personality of the host.

I read that as, same as the host.

Slings are awakened and don't know their true nature before hand.

Clings, those are difficult, they basically murdered and ate your character.

• Like 1

Only thing this doesn't address, I just remembered, is the origin of my post. Essentially if someone doesn't see me working security they know I'm an antag lol

Roleplay is equally valid if it's talking about your backstory in the bar, if you're doing clown shenanigans, science studies or strangling your lover in maint whilst whispering "Sorry".

A system or something where you're told that you've rolled X antag like, 30 seconds before the round starts means you could pick and choose (Or powergame the shit out of) which character fits the role or if you want a completely random character, which might work.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use