Admin complaint - Crazylemon

Jared12100

Admin: Crazylemon, Maintainer.

my Ckey: Jared12100

Complaint: At about 3:30am AST. We ran a test of the devil antagonist. I knew about this antagonist because I had read up on it from TG wiki. Crazylemon called this meta-gaming and did some IC !!FUN!! which ultimately included me exploding from a max-cap placed inside of me as well as instantly dying after being cloned. He admitted after the fact that he had made a mistake as rule 2 allows for full knowledge of all antagonists in IC situations. I believe that with a failure to fully understand the rules as they are written as well as causing a massive hull breach in the escape hallway in order to "punish" me that Crazylemon needs to be re-evaluated as an admin on the grounds that he did not fully understand the rules as well as causing problems for people beyond just myself by using a bomb.

To clarify, rule 2 states: "We do not restrict knowledge on any Antagonists, but you may pick and choose what your character knows. Similarly, we do not enforce Clone Memory Disorder (amnesia after cloning/borging), but you may freely play it straight in your character. We also do not restrict knowledge based on your job."

• Like 2

Ah, yes! I had a brain-fart there! As a maintainer, I do not typically do GA stuff - we were testing out the devil antag PR I had worked on getting fully ported, and misremembered the particulars of the "Play your role" rule. I shall not make such a mistake again!

• Like 3

Hi there, and thank you for this complaint.

As some background to this test - this is something crazy has been working on for a few months now, and I rushed him to put it up as a test because we had to do maintenance on the main server as a bit of fun and compensation to players for the lag and downtime suffered from this. Originally we were just going to go with a highlander type "meme" round or something silly to tide people over, but the option came up for the Devil mode, and I thought it was worthwhile to give a go.

Additionally, I'd like to note that Crazy is a maintainer rather than a GA, and hasn't handled any administrative matters for a very long time.

I've spoken to Crazy and oh he's replied while I'm typing this. Although he's offered his full apologies and offered a mea culpa there, it would not be right for me not point out I told him he should push it quickly and test it live on the server while I disappeared down the shops, so I also offer my apologies. I'm also happy this didn't result in a ban or anything more serious.

This isn't a problem I see re-occuring, being a unique mix of server updates, sleep deprivation, and new code.

• Like 1

Unless there's anything further, will be marking this resolved tomorrow, 1 week from the original complaint/last replies.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use