...am I allowed to do an intro post when I'm 250 deep?

ZN23X

If not...to bad!

I'm that exceptionally  r̶o̶b̶u̶s̶t̶ clumsy green eyed red head in security that many of you have come to love or hate! ?

NERD ALERT

Tetra is a character I originally created in Anarchy Online back in 2001 (yes, my character in a video game is as old or older than some of you and I am in fact THAT old) and I've used her in any game that has had a character creator since. She has her own personality in my mind and I've grown quite attached to her.

Occasionally a goofy Unathi named Chakax who speaks bad  E̶n̶g̶l̶i̶s̶h̶ Galactic Common or rarely stereotypical "robotic" IPC named KR4-3SHA who REALLY likes her robot drugs and regularly gets mistaken for a vampire...and a man... despite being a machine with a female chassis.

I began playing this in January after my friend told me an absurd story about thier first time playing the game. They were bored one night and found it on some "Top 100 Indie Games" list and said "Eh...why not?"

So I too, said "Eh...why not?" figuring I'd play once or twice then move on. OH WAS I WRONG. I got sucked in like many others by the unique experiences and environment this game offers...something like no other.

IN FACT! Stories about SS13 have become regular dinner table talk in my household. No joke! I get alot of "So what happened last night?!" My spouse who doesn't even  play the game is as familiar with some of your names as I am! I'll be like "So Mike Murdo-" and I'll get interrupted with "Yea I know Mike, no need for the last name, continue the story" ???

While many video games in the past have eventually turned into me trying to grind out my character, get that new loot, or complete the story...this one is different. I play it to see what crazy thing I've never seen before is going to happen next. It keeps delivering.

This has become my home away from home. The perfect ending to my long busy days after the rest of my family is asleep. I HAVE been much busier lately and opting for more sleep so haven't had as much time to play (don't be in a rush to grow up kids) but I promise that I'm not planning on going anywhere!

Y'all are stuck with me. Maybe. Till I finally get bored. If ever. Probably never.

Edited by ZN23X
  • Like 2

I love the fact you can have those kind of talks in your house. Sometimes i feel we're a big family here in Paradise and that's something i love.

Glad to share games with you Tetra, see you on station.

• Like 1

Pssh clumsy?? You definitely mean robust.

On 5/1/2017 at 10:41 PM, ZN23X said:

Stories about SS13 have become regular dinner table talk in my household.

That's hilarious. Hopefully my characters will make it into a few of your dinner stories :P

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Nice your family eats dinner together? That's so cool! When I was younger and living at home we only had dinner with each other on holidays and all that mainly new years where we have like prime rib, lobster, shrimp, scallops, caviar and all that good stuff.

I bet you are a great mother!

Btw I'm not rich I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth but like.. Yea I ended up trashing myself with party times and chasing the scene now I'm broke and live in uh.. Not so pleasant area.

Just remember don't let that happen to your kids I regret not listening to my parents forewarning of not binging on alcohol and to never start smoking etc haha.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use