Let Vox be cloneable

Cyiko

6 minutes ago, shazbot194 said:

I do agree that it is rare to see someone with a stupidly large amount of brain damage, but it is possible. 30u of meth can be lethal because it does so much brain damage, maybe not directly lethal, but debilitating enough to make easy kills. After all, 2 pre-heated donk pockets eaten at the same time can take a nukie out before any fighting.

Did you happen to revive the person in some way, from what I hear/know, organ damage is very weird and is normally overlooked when it comes to health checks unless someone fixed it recently, like within the past month. This is how defibing someone lets them ignore things like dead lungs and hearts. 

The person who died to brain damage? They could be revived but then died again instantly.  I zapped them again to reset the timer (took me a bit to figure out it was brain damage killing them), repaired the brain surgically, then revived them again and that worked.

The only thing the game checks as far as organs go is raw damage.  If you damage an organ all the way so it 'dies' and then repair it surgically it will function perfectly. Also, heart damage does absolutely nothing beyond sending pain messages to the player.  A 60 damage dead septic heart works equally well as a healthy one, although if you remove the heart entirely the person dies really fast.

There's a lot of really wierd stuff in the code when it comes to organs and such. 

Edited by EvadableMoxie

4 minutes ago, EvadableMoxie said:

There's a lot of really wierd stuff in the code when it comes to organs and such. 

Ya, someone with a stupid amount of spare time should comb though all the organ code and try to remove any oddities.

6 minutes ago, EvadableMoxie said:

A 60 damage dead septic heart works equally well as a healthy one...

If I'm not mistaken, if it is septic, doesn't that cause massive toxin damage, unless that stops when said organ is also dead, because if that is the case, it got even odder.

Just now, shazbot194 said:

If I'm not mistaken, if it is septic, doesn't that cause massive toxin damage, unless that stops when said organ is also dead, because if that is the case, it got even odder.

Yup, the only thing that causes toxin damage from being septic is limbs, oddly enough. The main body parts do nothing beyond instant killing you at acute and spreading the infection.  Infected organs take organ damage at Acute and above, but do not do toxin damage. 

Also, infections on limbs can never get to septic while attached, you have to let the limb decay while detached and then attach it for this to happen. Otherwise it stops at Acute, on the limb, though it will spread to other bodyparts.

I could make a list of oddities, but I don't think I have the coding skill to fix them. 

Just now, EvadableMoxie said:

I could make a list of oddities, but I don't think I have the coding skill to fix them. 

You never know, sometimes the oddities come from outdated code being made to just work, and sometimes its from people not having the foresight for some of the oddities. The check to see if organs are dead most likely come from organ checks not being where they are needed and just a couple lines could fix that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use