Anime

payback137

So guys, what're your favourite animes? You can also say mangas, but I will shun you. SHUUUN.

But anyway, personally, my favourite anime has got to be either sword art online or attack on titan. I mean come on guys, those intros!

Shingeki and SAO? Really guys? Really? Those are your choices? *facepalm*

Texhnolyze, Black Lagoon, Steins;Gate, Baccano!, Abenobashi, Time of Eve, Haibane Renmei, Pale Cocoon

Those are some of my favorites in different categories

Shingeki and SAO? Really guys? Really? Those are your choices? *facepalm*

Texhnolyze, Black Lagoon, Steins;Gate, Baccano!, Abenobashi, Time of Eve, Haibane Renmei, Pale Cocoon

Those are some of my favorites in different categories

Shingeki is really good IMO

SAO S1 was really good, S2 is what ruined it.

Clannad + after story, melancholy of haruhi suzumiya + disappearance, Index, Angel Beats and Kyoukai no Kanata

Those are a few from the top of my mind that I really liked

Was going to avoid posting in here, but fuck it. And damn Regens, you and I have pretty similar tastes.

Clannad + after story, melancholy of haruhi suzumiya + disappearance (Just never seen them), Index (+Railgun although I do like Index more), Angel Beats and Kyoukai no Kanata.

Although my favorite anime has to be Toradora!

hah anime is fucking gay dum nerds

nah, just kidding. I like it but I just don't quite have the time to watch that much, most recently I've watched sword art online, clannad, and soul eater but I haven't finished the last two.

hah anime is fucking gay dum nerds

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

• 4 weeks later...

Gosick, Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (and sequels), Umineko no Naku Koro Ni, Witch Hunter Robin. I like a lot dark anime with psychological or murder-mystery type storylines.

As for new anime, Attack on Titan was great, a shame they're stopping it for the novels to extend further, and I'm really liking Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, I love the drawing style and their uniforms :D

Also, if you watch anime dubbed, then you're missing 90% of the emotions. Shame on you!

• 2 weeks later...

Favorite animes: Chrno Crusade, Black Cat, No.6, FMA and FMA:Brotherhood, Tiger and Bunny, MAR, Shiki

Favorite mangas: Uzumaki, Kuroshitsuji, Karneval, Shiki, Deadman Wonderland, Tokyo Ghoul, Attack on titan, Pandora hearts, Another, Goth, Liar Game

Not a massive fan of anime to be honest, I find that while their concepts and underlying plots are GOOD and often imaginative there is often a sense of 'silliness' that ruins a good story.

As an example I really quite enjoyed the themes within 'Elfen Lied' - the opening to the first episode is one of the best openings i've seen in modern media, it however quickly degenerates as a series into stereotypical anime fashion with overly sexualised dialogue/scenes (which makes little sense in the context of the show) and also there's plenty of just awkward stupidity in alot of scenes, characters themselves turn into one-dimensional stereotypes.

That being said the themes of that series were generally good, brutality, loss, genocide, moral ambiguity ect, the good story however was ruined because Anime simply seems unable to take itself seriously (sexual themes aren't handled in an adult fashion, in one laughably awkward scene a female scientist talks about coming on her period... randomly... on the phone to her boss... Just what was the point? Distasteful at best.)

I recommend watching the first episode if anyone is interested, it's very, very compelling (warning, strong violence and nudity.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8XpTz8mviM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Psycho-pass, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Basilisk, Cowboy Bebop, Higurashi, NGE (including the OVA's and Revive/Rebuild), Macross-Frontier, Knight of Sidonia, Beyond the Boundary, Clannad and Afterstory An anime which never existed and should never be mentioned so help me I find you and....

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use