Medbay

Malkaz

The Surgery room is too small. Could you make it bigger? Maybe with two tables for surgery and double the items for surgery (scalpel, retractor etc);

Again about the surgery room. The scanner there seems to be bugged. I tried using it to check if my patient was healed, but the scanner console wasn't working. I had to drag the body to the scanner outside the room.

Why don't you take the scanner inside the surgery room out, and create a straight path from there to the scanner outside? Make the observation room smaller to allow one corridor?

The medical supplies (the kits) are too little. Khajiit, my doctor, usually gets one of each kit because he works at the entrance, healing any patients (well, except for some griefers and clowns...), and if needed, he can be a surgeon. (I like the color of the cap/jacket). Maybe three, or even four, of each kit. But three would be fine, i think.

About the entrance. A idea would be to take out the last two scanners on the left wall, put the CMO office there, and the first scanner would stay there, while the CMO office could be changed to a place for more scanners, without the walls. It might be VERY helpful, as it would be a straight line: Entrance --- Scanners --- Surgery.

Alien doctors could really use a wirecutter inside of the medbay instead of travelling outside, facing the dangers of the panana peels and the wet floors just to grab one. Also, flashlights. And replacement lights.

And the last.... McArthur Wing! D<

EDIT:

Two more things!

One, a control that can lock/unlock the ambulance, in case someone non-medical take it (Weirdly, it's common. NO MORE CLOWNS SHALL TOUCH IT!). And second, an "ambulance" for security, but instead of the roller bed, a small jail attached, to lock the prisoners inside of there and transport safely and quickly to the brigs. And again, a lock/unlock system could be good.

Order medical crates from cargo in exchange for Tricord and drugs.

And shitcurity already got enough toys to play with, I really don't want some cunt riding on a superfast jailcart with the clown dragging on the back while he harmbatons everyone he can find on his journey to space the clown

The Surgery room is too small. Could you make it bigger? Maybe with two tables for surgery and double the items for surgery (scalpel, retractor etc);

Again about the surgery room. The scanner there seems to be bugged. I tried using it to check if my patient was healed, but the scanner console wasn't working. I had to drag the body to the scanner outside the room.

The main issue with the surgery room, at the moment ,is the scanner; it's not normally there, by default--because it was added, it really cramps up the working area and makes it easy to intentionally or accidentally trap people. The tools and limited amount of tables is intended; it forces choice and good judgment of who to treat and when to do it.

The medical supplies (the kits) are too little. Khajiit, my doctor, usually gets one of each kit because he works at the entrance, healing any patients (well, except for some griefers and clowns...), and if needed, he can be a surgeon. (I like the color of the cap/jacket). Maybe three, or even four, of each kit. But three would be fine, i think.

There's two medkits of each type; that's plenty enough--additionally, more healing items are in the NanoMed and Emergency NanoMed wall mounts. Also, the other part of it is game balance and gameplay enhancement. There should be an environment that fosters additional gameplay, not generates "push button" problem solvers. What I mean by this is simple mechanics that don't really encourage work or teamwork/interaction with other players; the Chemist exists for a reason--to make medicine for medbay and to dispense chemicals and drugs (dubious or not =p) to the general populace. Adding in more medkits doesn't really foster additional gameplay.

About the entrance. A idea would be to take out the last two scanners on the left wall, put the CMO office there, and the first scanner would stay there, while the CMO office could be changed to a place for more scanners, without the walls. It might be VERY helpful, as it would be a straight line: Entrance --- Scanners --- Surgery.

The general feedback on the medbay has been very very positive; during our first two weeks of operation, we got more positive comments regarding its layout than all other positive comments on other areas combined, I don't think it's a good idea to change the layout like that, at this point. The purpose of the office being central is so he can monitor or access everything quite easily (while watching).

Alien doctors could really use a wirecutter inside of the medbay instead of travelling outside, facing the dangers of the panana peels and the wet floors just to grab one. Also, flashlights. And replacement lights.

Reason why Tajarans and Unathi have to snip their gloves is because they get really large side-benefits instead (increased melee damage+chance to cause bleeding on hit, can't get fat, and cold resist, for Tajarans, for instance); it's part of game balance and I feel this is legitimate downside the class should have (including traveling to specific locations to deal with the downside). As for replacement lights, again this falls under the additional gameplay; doctors shouldn't have every little tool as their disposal to fix every little problem in their department--they're there fo specific specific medical problems.

And the last.... McArthur Wing! D<

Again, the biggest problem with that area was it took away from gameplay and didn't enhance it; it just made medbay impervious to power outages.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use