Change Certain Virology Cures

Shadeykins

* Remove or drastically reduce the occurrence of Orange Juice, Salt, and Sugar as cures for viruses.

* Overhaul the possible reagents that a viral cure requires and weight it toward full-fledged chems (no base reagents).

* Introduce certain potentially harmful chemicals as cures such as Haloperidol, Aranesp, Sterilizine, Unstable Mutagen, Plasma, Uranium, and Sulfonal.

1) This will serve to make viruses more serious (by removing easy cures).

2) This will give chemistry some later-game things to do (as they usually have nothing left to do at the 30-40 minute mark).

3) This will hopefully make virologists more accountable, virology traitoring more viable, and have medical respond faster to viral outbreaks.

Edited by Shadeykins

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not necessarily against this, but I just want to say that all you need to make unlimited vaccine is cure a single person (or monkey), then put a sample of their blood into the PANDEMIC and press a single button. It's never going to be hard to cure mass amounts of people with the current system.

• Like 1

I don't like how every single doctors analyser will tell you the cure. The Virologist should have to do some work to determine that, then once its catalogued, the cure should pop up when doctors scanners scan it.

Purpose, that's only for low stealth viruses. Some high stealth viruses don't even show up on the pandemic. Or do you think low stealth viruses should also require pandemic analysis?

• 2 weeks later...

Is is not that only in the database stored illnesses show up on the hud. Dependant on the Research database.

My idea would be that viro is revamped. I don't like that the idea of apes get infected feeded with radium and you have a cure. It would be nicer if you have actually to research something like virusstrains, maybe in the way it is handled in genetics. If you research the genome you can replicate a cure in a synthesizer.

In Detail:

Unknown Virus --> Analyzing blood samples --> gives you a rna / dna strain of the virus or bacteria

Infecting the Ape --> scan the ape in a scanner device --> gives you data about the stages of the virus and the possibility of mutation

DNA Strain --> (like genetics) you have to change the dna /or you have to found a special chemical component that destroys the sample ( Chemaster ...)

If you found the cure it is stored in the Database and you can synthesize the cure for the people.

If you have all the data colected the hud will show you what the illness is. If not you get a icon too but as unknown ( only if it is already in research but without cure). If it is not in the database it will not show up on the hud and scanner only shows symptoms.

1 hour ago, BiberDark said:

Is is not that only in the database stored illnesses show up on the hud. Dependant on the Research database.

Research levels are irrelevant. If an analyer or the pandemic can detect a virus, it will always tell you the cure. 

There are two types of virsues, normal and "Advanced"  The "Advanced" ones are anything created in the lab.  

Standard viruses like the cold, brainrot, perriot's throat, or even GBS will always show up on everything and always be identified. 

Advance viruses depend on the stealth level of the virus, which is determined by the combined stealth scores of the symptoms + 1.

Body scanners will always detect a virus regardless of the stealth level, but never tell you the cure. The wiki claims 2 stealth hides a virus from body scanners, but this is not correct. I don't know if this is a bug or intended. 

This means if you want to release a hostile virus you need at least 2 stealth, otherwise everyone will know the cure by analyzing anyone with the virus.  3 is preferred, because then they can't figure out the cure even if someone is smart enough to check the Pandemic.  They'd need to either use a virus with Anti-bodies metabolism to cure it, or just try all 12 possible cures, which can be narrowed down if you guess the symptoms.  

1 hour ago, BiberDark said:

I don't like that the idea of apes get infected feeded with radium and you have a cure. It would be nicer if you have actually to research something like virusstrains, maybe in the way it is handled in genetics. If you research the genome you can replicate a cure in a synthesizer.

I don't think that actually still works, but it's still not difficult to cure viruses, if you know what you are doing.  

Edited by EvadableMoxie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use