Malfunctioning Camera - Tweak

Purpose2

Poll  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Idea:

Have the round-start malfunctioning cameras wires start cut.

The current state:

Currently when the round begins, a random selection of cameras are setup to malfunction. This means for all intents and purposes, all their wires have been snipped internally, however their wires are all fine when you open them. Which means to fix them, you cut all the wires and mend them again.

Why this matters:

It is simple for engineers, detectives or whomever to determine then whether a camera has been cut by an antagonist, or cut by a cool system we have running under the hood to help with meta. However with them not cut, this makes what is quite a cool system a bit pointless as a system. This then becomes meta-info, the reaction to this in game.

Other considerations:

There is currently PRs being considered that is looking at increasing both Detective slots, and Engineering slots.

-----

Welcoming thoughts and feedback, before I waste time coding this, it'd be nice to gather the communities candid thoughts.

The cameras not having the relevant wire cut at roundstart is a bug as far as I can tell.

Since the only time a camera is malfunctioning otherwise is when it has a cable cut, this is really unintuitive behavior that probably should take place.

Getting a PR for that would be neat.

• Like 1

I'd love to have a PR made up for this, but with one request.

(If possible, and not a massive amount of work) Blacklist the two cameras inside of the AI core. 

I feel like if any cameras on the station would practically never fail, it'd be those, considering how low-traffic the AI core room is.

3 hours ago, Anoonki said:

(If possible, and not a massive amount of work) Blacklist the two cameras inside of the AI core. 

Adding a blacklisting ability is out of scope, might be a lot more difficult and probably something I'd leave to a separate PR if thats cool with you @Anoonki

Edited by Purpose2

Just cut and mend the wires, as cutting and mending resets. Still though, the cameras in the AI core are a REALLY BAD PROBLEM if they go out. There's no way for the AI to turn off the guns, and thus only a borg or drone can fix them.

On 20/03/2017 at 0:02 AM, Purpose2 said:

Adding a blacklisting ability is out of scope, might be a lot more difficult and probably something I'd leave to a separate PR if thats cool with you @Anoonki

Aight.

As mentioned, that was only a "If it's not too much trouble" request, which it doesn't seem to be. 

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use