New player...struggling to learn...

HungLikeaKodo

Howdy, been playing on the station a few days now. In game character is Zeke Vega. Struggling to get used to the game...

I got the janitor job down solid (lol).

Dabbled in cargo tech and medical. I THINK I know what I'm doing in cargo but I've run into quite a few people who asked for stuff I didn't know how to get (couldn't make it in the autolathe n I don't know how else to get stuff other than them ordering crates). Maybe I can order crates for them? Been trying to ask for assistance in game without being out of character.

Medical I just stood there n watched confused as hell, learned a bit.

I'm honestly mostly confused with some basic controls I can't find at the wiki. Like I've had people "give" me an item, if I attempt the same then I beat them with it. I've been subdued by security for failing to comply with orders I don't know how to comply with. Most recently, needed to hand over my backpack for a search, no clue how to do this. Been reading the wiki more than playing trying to get a handle on everything but there's alot to take in.

Hoping I figure it out so I can continue more without feeling like I'm getting in the way.

Hey welcome!

One of the great things about this game is that you learn something in every shift. You don't really stop learning, there are always new things to do, learn and play with!

If you haven't yet, use the MentorHelp system (Hit F1) and ask questions there, and the volunteer Mentors can help. Also the wiki is pretty good.

When I learned the game, I did a lot of shadowing people and having them teach me the role IC. :)

Also join us on Discord, its a good text chat we use entirely OOCly.

I wasn't aware of the mentor help system. I've read the wikI quite thoroughly in the roles I'm interested in, I seriously think I just get hung up on basic game mechanics because I'm not familiar with the UI and how all objects function.

Thanks!

Worry not, we were all in your shoes at one point or another.

Like Purpose2 said, the mentorhelp system is at your disposal if you need it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use