Alternative to join as antag NPC

Habalabam

When I enter a round in progress. I would like to play as facehugger or borer if they are available, but checking for this by observing and then pressing "join as NPC" forfeits my chance to enter round as a regular player.

Of course, facehuggers/borers can't just pop up in the join dialog alongside available work positions as the presence of either is a massive spoiler if they were options in the join menu.

But if the join options (or preferences) had a "join as facehugger if available" check box would address all of the above concerns.

I believe you can be automatically selected when observing. I've found myself being a blob, a facehugger and a wizard while not doing anything else than observing. There is also the ERT or DS that you can apply to. Also, admins sometimes let you play with them in the admin room.

You can also be a pAI and a cyborg with a positronic brain.

There are several things to do when observing.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the delay. Back from easter holiday.

You are talking about when I am observing. I am talking about when I am JOINING a round.

If there are xenos or borers, I would like to join as those. But putting those options on the join screen would be a huge spoiler.

I was suggesting a user preference option that caused me to automatically join as xeno if xeno was available regardless of what profession I chose at the join screen.

You don't have to necessarily be a observer to spawn as a facehugger or something else, you can be one after you die and do not do something that will prevent you from respawning, besides sometimes really funny things happen via observing.

As for the automatically join as xeno/cortical/etc that would sometimes get in the way and be annoying rather than help, but it may be a idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use