Gameplay videos of successful security.

Habalabam

I think one of the most contentious issues is the role of security.

Security vs privacy vs civil rights.

Does anybody want to create some gameplay videos where they play a successfull officer:

* Solving minor crimes.

* Successfully intervenes in a fight.

* Solves and convicts antags that are caught in the act.

* Solves and convicts antags not directly caught in the act. Actually builds a case.

Bonus:

* Does not catch abuse that suggests that another player is having a bad time IRL.

I think too many discussions on security devolve quickly into apples vs oranges anecdotal discussions. A gameplay video would serve as much better basis for discussion. "Show me, don't tell me".

I have many suspicions about what such videos would reveal, but I don't want this thread to turn into speculation.

This is my suggestion to making the server better.

What are your reasons for wanting a video on someone playing security well? If the idea is to educate people who are shitcurity then I doubt they are the sort to watch a video about how to play.

This'd be an interesting try in improving the quality of a hard role. If you meant this video to be of an actual round, issue with this would be simply getting that good round with everything in it to represent a good security round. Yet, an interesting idea.

I would also be interested in watching a person who use the word "shitcurity" demonstrate how security, in this persons' opinion, should be played. If you denigrate people who play security, then surely you think there is a superior way to do it. Show me.

Likewise for somebody who claims officers, or secborgs for that matter, are overpowered.

So, the challenge is open to both sides of the proverbial table.

Perhaps we could do the opposite, a PSA campaign on the forum. GIFs of gameplay videos or security-themed memes that say "Don't be this guy. Don't be shitcurity." People could link to these in OOC chat from time to time to start conversations about what shitcurity is. (Not related to current round stuff, though)

Although relevant, I don't think that the negative angle serves the same purpose of showcasing actual challenges of being security. I don't think the "shitcurity" debate is lacking in straw men.

Maybe, just maybe, a person who normally plays security would get some useful feedback.

And maybe, just maybe, a person who normally flings the "shitcurity" term around, finds that he would do no better himself.

I would say that the majority of EOR OOC nastyness has to do with this single topic.

And a common reference would be a good starting point.

It's also relevant when discussing SOP and prisoner processing.

Can't remember how I stumbled upon them, but I did.

I was personally thinking of making a few videos on my own YouTube channel doing the same concept back when I was a regular Head of Security player, but never got around to it for a few reasons. The most prevalent one was the fact that I achieved admin status and didn't have the time during regular rounds to play Security and administrate at the same time.

I have a feeling that if I did end up returning to play security and decided to make a video, it would be less informative and more of me swearing endlessly at my computer screen (as ze HoS does). Not to mention that I'm the least robust HoS regular to ever grace the server, I was mostly praised for management and reliability. Watching me play HoS would be a bit void of entertainment.

(I'm so unrobust that I'm dreading playing ling/vamp/shadowling out of fear of embarassing the species)

That is what I'm talking about if made relevant for Paradise, both in terms of acting out the Security SOP and doing so within the Paradise community.

Not just to be second guessed, but also to illustrate the difficulty in playing security and the level of abuse you face over comms even when doing things correctly.

And how many antags are acting in a manner (including over public comms) that leaves the impression to the rest that the suspect player OOC is feeling genuinely abused.

A behavior I feel is downright toxic to the community.

No matter if:

1. It is an antag, actually caught, who flings out abuse over public comms and OOC.

2. It is an officer being a bully over nothing and causing disdain/frustration which people ignore because they hear the word "shitcurity" every round.

Would be awesome to get COPS show spoof about security and shittlers arrested by them on everyday basis.

"Due to the graphic nature of this program, viewer discretion is advised. SECS is filmed on location with the men and women of security department. All suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use