An idea for a subantagonist.

BiberDark

Just some Brainstorming.

I´d like to know, how you think about the idea to create a subform of our antags. They are not deadly, do not have kill tagets but are plain criminals.

Forger

Maybe one is responsible for faked id cards or guestpasses. For this he has speacial tools like a other uplink, where he can order blank id.

Then he has to get a photo of the specific person and add personal data. The fake ones does not have any special access, but looking like the originals, so if a security officer search you he will not see a difference so you can hide your identity.

There could be different levels of this. If he is good he hack (there was a pr about hacking i think) into the security or medical database to create a new profile for you. So it seems even more legit. If he or the client is able to get hold of a original id with access he can copy it (like the agent card) Maybe harder for higher tears of id´s like captain or heads, easier for lowlevel jobs like cargo or clowns.

Drugdealer

A Sub-Antagonist specialized for drugdealing and production.

Again sometype of Uplink where he can order a special type of chemmaster and a book of formulas for drugs. He has to establish a little base of operation somewhere in the station as his laboratory (Walter White). There he produce drugs from harmless drugs, non taxed alcohol to crack or worser.

He supplies crewmembers with a drug history( i think there is something in the personal file for this) Maybe he starts with a list where the names of the users are listed.

A smuggler

A Sub-Antagonist specialized for smuggling and traiding of illegal tech

This one can order tools or weapon, which are normaly secured for a specific price. ( open for discussion )

Like special huds, implants (chamelion suits, medical huds, pistils ammunition, contrabande).

He has to trade it with bluespace transportation for other items or precious ressources (diamonds, Medicines, research data...)

For all to make it clear.

All rules apply to them, they are not antags and they are not allowed to kill anyone, by direct action. If somebody kills himself or a other one with drugs or weapons, this person is responsible. The dealer, smugler or forger are criminals, and are only handled icly by security and the detective.

This should create some form of Blackmarket accross the station. And a way to aquire items, which are normally out of reach. Maybe for the normal guy who wished to be better protected, the RD who would like to research illegal tech or the hippies wo would like to smoke a joint.

If you grief with them you face the consequences, like normal. Besides that this is for security and fun.

Maybe to compensate for the extra work reduce the normal anatag count by one or two.

Great idea! It would make the suggested Syndicate contact offered upon being dealt antag status actually useful, and those code words would get used: people will want to find out who the other contacts are (everyone would just get one name - but the subantags would not get any names, just codewords, so primary antags would need to find out the other names) so they can get fully outfitted.

I think they should be Syndicate agents though with two objectives, support properly identified Syndicate agents who reveal themselves and escape alive and free. They could get a specialized uplink with items not available to regular traitors, and they can load actual TC crystals provided by other traitors to provide them with these items (an actual use for TC crystals and more strategies for spending those 30 TC!). They couldn't have this access taken away easily as they will have the ability to switch their PDA off the uplink, and there is no way to extract the code from them.

All this would promote more of the RP aspects of the game. Perhaps some of these subantagonists can have access to some standard traitor items in their uplink, but at discounts to the standard traitor price (like a crypto sequencer can be purchased by the forger for only 5 TC instead of 7 or 9 or whatever it is now). So, that would encourage traitors trying to track down these subantags to stretch their TC's further, and not be the lone wolf powergaming antag we often see anymore.

Great idea! It would make the suggested Syndicate contact offered upon being dealt antag status actually useful, and those code words would get used: people will want to find out who the other contacts are (everyone would just get one name - but the subantags would not get any names, just codewords, so primary antags would need to find out the other names) so they can get fully outfitted.

I think they should be Syndicate agents though with two objectives, support properly identified Syndicate agents who reveal themselves and escape alive and free. They could get a specialized uplink with items not available to regular traitors, and they can load actual TC crystals provided by other traitors to provide them with these items (an actual use for TC crystals and more strategies for spending those 30 TC!). They couldn't have this access taken away easily as they will have the ability to switch their PDA off the uplink, and there is no way to extract the code from them.

All this would promote more of the RP aspects of the game. Perhaps some of these subantagonists can have access to some standard traitor items in their uplink, but at discounts to the standard traitor price (like a crypto sequencer can be purchased by the forger for only 5 TC instead of 7 or 9 or whatever it is now). So, that would encourage traitors trying to track down these subantags to stretch their TC's further, and not be the lone wolf powergaming antag we often see anymore.

Great Idea, but they still should be normal players and they will start with 0 TCs, their objective is to sell stuff, and to reach a n. of TCs,and how do you reach that numer? By selling stuff to Syndicates Agents.

Stuff is going to be much cheaper.... ex. an item is going to cost 2 TCs less and you will have some exclusive stuff.. but! Because you still need to complete your objective,Stuff is going to cost most of the times 1 TC less... unless that`s an exclusive item..

This Half-Antag can be called Smuggleror Syndicate Dealer...

Your Objectives are going to be:

1- Reach "X" TCs for the end of the round.

2- Steal "Useless-Item".

3- Survive on the shuttle alive.

And you`re not allowed to murder anyone, unless you`ve a really good reason to.

You'd have to generalize it more, because all this would end up doing is promoting meta. After all, you find one of these guys and immediately know it's traitors. While this is already the case in that if you catch a regular traitor you know the roundtype, I don't really think we should be making it easier to meta...

I love this idea overall though, I think giving sec something to do round to round is a great idea that would tone down on some of the more powergamey aspects of sec we currently have.

Quite an interesting and useful role to have as a contact for other traitors and would give a god damn use for the code words. A fancy handshake and you get access to some extra services or items. I approve.

Another Idea for Sub-Antag

Sol Government Spy / / Black OPs

Mission:

Get in possesion of the newest Reseach Nanotrasen has to offer. Delete any Data who threatens the Power and Influence of the Sol Government.

As in my eyes Nanotrasen is a evil corporation, conducting illegal tech research like the Umbrella Corporation in Resident Evil. ( Do not complain look at genetics (: )

Your Job is to copy the research database and send the information back to HQ.

HQ will decide if you need to destroy additional data you found or if you need to get a example tech for further analyses at HQ.

Keep a low profile and escape without any signs of your intervention.

Requirements:

- the Hacking mechanik i read in suggestions // special tools (remote hacking device, fake ID, camouflage), special ways to escape the station (maybe a teleporter to a black ops shuttle)

- maybe a latejoin subtraitor, initiated by a admin ( select target science )

- Admin is acting as SolGov Secret Service --> Instructions, Targets (Items / Tech),

I like the forger. I like the idea that subantags can try to "set up shop" some place that security can come across. They can start the round with a one-shot RCD that creates the forge machine / distillery / body part packager / antag AI frame / Antag protolathe and maybe a turret or two.

The antag will themselves have to find a good spot and hook the devices up with power.

I don't think an antag should delete all research. It's too "griefy" and irreversible (I assume, I am no scientist). But to escape with a complete backup might be good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use